• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1911 20 Francs Gold Grade Opinions Please

12 posts in this topic

Please take a look and provide any thoughts, etc. on possible grade for this 1911 20 Franc Gold Coin. Realizing the images are not the best. As well as any opinions on value. If the color "noise" is too much, my apologies, I will re-image.

Rey

20FrancsObv.jpg

20FrancsRev.jpg

Not bad rey..

seems to be couple of marks on the cheeks and a stain on the revers

i would guess XF (UK) but as you said hard to tell from the pictures >>

dooly

I actually have an entire set of these , Rey from 1899-1914...that coin is an MS64...the flatness at the top of the rooster wing is always there. The high p[oints are usually the leaves and the stray hair across her neck (on top of the phrygian cap at the neck)......I collected this set because my wife's name is Marianne and she also has that long, naturally curly hair.....super coin Rey.....if you'd like more info on putting together a set, let me know....

No actually I was meaning the info. from Jackson and GDJMSP. I am not at all familiar with this coin, it is the only one I have so their insight is very helpful. But of course all opinions are helpful.. (thumbs u

No actually I was meaning the info. from Jackson and GDJMSP. I am not at all familiar with this coin, it is the only one I have so their insight is very helpful. But of course all opinions are helpful.. (thumbs u

rbrown4, are you asking this because you offered me the coin and wanted to know the grade/value?

With the coin not being graded, I figured others out here would have a good idea, and as I suggested for both of us to look at different outlets for possible value. It may be that something like this is just worth bullion, I really don't know. Actually after talking to you, I realized I had never posted this coin before. Just trying to be fair to all.

Rey