• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Type 2 SLQ.

15 posts in this topic

I needed a Type 2 SLQ for the Type Set, so here's the one I got. It is a PCGS MS66. While obviously not FH, it is quite close and just a fraction of the cost of a FH. The images were done by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

1924DObvSm.jpg

1924DRev1Sm.jpg

1924DRev2Sm.jpg

Gorgeous!

Love the strike. More fully struck on both sides than quite a few FHs I've seen, coins like this present a much better value than their FH bretheren, in my opinion.

I've been looking for one of these coins for my typeset for quite some time, and haven't been successful. Your coin is one I'd be happy to own, and I congratulate you on the new addition.

Thanks for sharing...Mike

I've also been keeping one eye open for a type II since I have the other two. I just saw one yesterday that had no detail in the head at all.

I really like yours. I would be happy to have this coin in my type set. It has excellent luster, nice eye appeal and a decent strike. It is worthy to be in your type set, skyman. I perused your set the other day and was most impressed!

That looks like a really pretty coin and the fact that it is a 1924-D is even better since it seems that folks don't include that date very much in their type sets. (thumbs u

I needed a Type 2 SLQ for the Type Set, so here's the one I got. It is a PCGS MS66. While obviously not FH, it is quite close and just a fraction of the cost of a FH. The images were done by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

Can someone explain what it takes to have an SLQ be considered a FH coin? After seeing these coins and said that they are not FH, I am confused!!

Scott :hi:

Can someone explain what it takes to have an SLQ be considered a FH coin? After seeing these coins and said that they are not FH, I am confused!!

Scott :hi:

A truly full head would have a bit more definition where the ear is. If you were to see this coin in hand you would see that that region on this coin is a bit flat. Still, one of the reasons that I bought this coin is that it is very high end for something that is not designated as FH, and, as mentioned, there are a fair amount of SLQ's out there in FH slabs that aren't as well struck as this one. Other areas to check for strike would be the shield and, on the reverse, the belly of the eagle, both of which check out nicely on this coin.

Sy,

One of the prettiest 1924-D's I 've seen. Excellent strike, and a just miss on the FH. The inner shield is perfect and the date area is sharp as well; usually these areas are weak. Only the typical two weak rivots/bosses, but they are visable.

Congratulations !!! VERY nice pick up !!