• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS slabbed marked wrong.

21 posts in this topic

I was just looking at some Jeffersons that I have and I noticed something. I have two PCGS slabs that are First Strike 2005 Bison Nickels. One says P and the other says D. Well I just got to looking at them a little closer and low and behold, both are P's. So I have two P mints, one in a P mint slab and the other in a D mint slab. Is there anything I can do about this? Would they re-slab it, and change the mint type for me?

I was just looking at some Jeffersons that I have and I noticed something. I have two PCGS slabs that are First Strike 2005 Bison Nickels. One says P and the other says D. Well I just got to looking at them a little closer and low and behold, both are P's. So I have two P mints, one in a P mint slab and the other in a D mint slab. Is there anything I can do about this? Would they re-slab it, and change the mint type for me?

I'm sure they would fix it but you would probably be out the postage.

Bobby, marketing is the key to profit. Market as an "error slab" with the obsolete "First Strike" designation, a definite collector's item! (thumbs u

Not my coin area as I am in the Morgan stage now. I know they are being really bid up. Especially in the VAM area. I have tried to get good buys on the ones slabbed by NGC and PCGS.

I bid on four Morgans last night and only got one of them. A date and grade i got for less than $100.00 last time went fo $175.00. One of the people that outbid me last night had a feedback of 1 after his moniker.In many cases they bid them right at the full Numismedia Value or over it..

Many of the Sellers have BINS over the Numismedia price.A few sellers have Reserve prices that have to be near it or with 10%.

Put the word ; "error : on them and tey really seem to go. One in MS61 WITH A VAM bid for almost the MS65 Price.They seem to come from nowhere in the last 5 minutes.. I was looking at a PCGS Slab that was selling at half its value an hour before bidding ended and 10 minutes before it ended it was a few dollars over its full Numismedia value.

The people with the most feedback after their names split at a certain price . I wonder if these overvalued T.V. Coin shows are having an influence?

I watch then at intervals during Commercial breaks and two of them are always selling Raw Morgans and tell about the Bargains and they have at least a 40% Mark-up.

These shows are selling 2006 W eagles in MS69 at $199.00 and ou can get them on EBAY for much less. They are selling 2007W for $149.00 in ,MS 69 and youcan get 2OO7W s in MS70 for less than $75.00

There are two groups of people who watch the coin shows on TV. Those who know nothing about coins and believe everything they hear, and those who misplaced the comics section of the newspaper.

Chris

The T.V. shows all take Commercial breaks at the same time so it is impossible to cruise channels as you will just run into another Ad.

I check the Coin progams then because they don't take a Commercial break.