• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Ugliest State Quarter?

51 posts in this topic

I would have to vote for Wyoming too. Butt ugly...flat...uninteresting...but other than that...it's fine.

Come on folks, the Wyoming quarter does still have one redeeming quality to it.

It still works in vending machines.

Yeah, but who wants to buy a bunch of horse manure out of a machine?

Chris

As boring as WY is, the WI quarter is just a classic example of Cheddarhead leadership, what with the cheese wheel and the dairy cows...if it wasn't for that fortunate error, no one would ever remember this quarter...but most of these designs are forgettable. The ones I like, about the only ones that do anything for me are Maine, New Jersey, Oregon, and maybe Maryland.

The ones I like, about the only ones that do anything for me are Maine, New Jersey, Oregon, and maybe Maryland.

The most interesting thing about the Maryland State Capitol Building is the fact that it is the oldest still in use today.

Chris

Ohio---Why did this choose a deep sea diver for a land locked state?

it's not a deep sea diver... it's an astronaut! John Glenn is from Ohio.

Scott :hi:

:screwy:Texas... it must have been designed by a Cowboys fan

HEY! :mad: That's uncalled for... most Texans don't even like the Dallas Cowboys... most texans don't even like Dallas I think...

Wait! I never said there was anything wrong with Texas... I just don't like the quarter!

And since I was born in New York, I am even more p*$$ed off with the Cowboys than I was when I originally wrote this post! :frustrated:

And they face the Redskins on Sunday. Poor Scott.

In the spirit of the area which I live and work: Let me be clear, I am not a Redskins fan, I never have been a Redskins fan.

(with no apologies whatsoever to Larry Craig!)

Besides, Ohio isn't land-locked unless you just consider Lake Erie a cesspool.

Chris

what do we pay all these committees for if they cant catch a coin as bad as the wyoming license plate.

I think we need a mint board of directors, that will make the mint do some market analysis, ROI, and proforma on these coins before they come out. I'm available to chair this committee, and I'll do it for low 7 figures. A real bargain!!

I knew that. I was making a joke. I thought my home state of Maryland had a lame design---an inverted ice cream cone with the ice cream having fallen out.

what do we pay all these committees for if they cant catch a coin as bad as the wyoming license plate
I think you missed the point. The BHR was CHOSEN by committee as 4 out of the 5 design narratives submitted to the US Mint. Apparently it means a lot to WY residents. Anyone from WY here?
I think we need a mint board of directors, that will make the mint do some market analysis, ROI, and proforma on these coins before they come out. I'm available to chair this committee, and I'll do it for low 7 figures. A real bargain!!
You think the ROI will be different for the WY quarter if it had a different design?

Me and my wife actually collect the colored quarters also. They look much better in color. I haven't see what the 2007 colored qtrs look like yet tho'.