• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pointed Nine Roosevelt?

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the pointed nine roosevelt dime has anymore value to it than a regular one? I seen one in an NGC slab, so it is at least recognized as a type/variety.

I have photos of a proof pointed nine dime on my website. That one was certified PF 69 Ultra Cam and was the 2'nd coin so certified. I sold it after owning it a year or more. It did bring a %50 premium to an undesignated coin in the same grade. I think that was mostly because not many people bothered to get the designation. I know there are many coins under that grade because there was a bit of a competition to make top graded examples and many tries fell short. So I doubt lower grades would bring much of a premium. I have no knowledge of the market for MS examples but can't imagine them bringing much of a premium.

Does anyone know if the pointed nine roosevelt dime has anymore value to it than a regular one? I seen one in an NGC slab, so it is at least recognized as a type/variety.

Red Book just says the variety exists without mentioning any increase in value over "straight tailed" 9.

I have no information in this coins regards, Bobby. But it amazes me that someone would ask $300 starting bid on a coin that you can't even read the date on. I realize that it is slabbed by NGC, but come on.

1964 Pointed Nine Roosevelt Dime--EBAY

That's the same one I seen Jim. I think he's just asking the PCGS value of an MS67 Roosie. It shows to be $300. I think he's just hoping the designation may push the value. I'm leaning towards more of what is said here that the pointed nine really won't do as much for value than the actual grade.