• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1953-D Lincoln Cent in Images

12 posts in this topic

Arrived today. POP 1/0 with nice lustre and color. Enjoy :) I should have done a better job buffing up the holder. :blush: Has a little extra metal on the 1 and 5 on the date.

One 75W PAR 3 Halogen Lamp

DSCN4660A.jpg

DSCN4664A.jpg

DSCN4664.jpg

DSCN4665.jpg

One 60W Reveal Bulb

DSCN4672A.jpg

DSCN4664A.jpg

DSCN4664.jpg

DSCN4665.jpg

Two 13W OTT Lites

DSCN4666A.jpg

DSCN4670A.jpg

DSCN4670.jpg

DSCN4671.jpg

I don't think the OTT comes in third. They are known for better light and will identify every flaw, even slab scuffs. I think they gave a more smoother picture myself. Very nice lincolns and pics Lee!

Thanks for the kind words. My preference for lighting is the OTT Lites. I have trouble with the Halogen as far as glare goes and the Reveal bulbs impart too much red to the coin. Here is a super article on photographay by Mark G.

Coin Imaging

Mark has a book coming out soon also :applause:

Thanks for the kind words. My preference for lighting is the OTT Lites. I have trouble with the Halogen as far as glare goes and the Reveal bulbs impart too much red to the coin. Here is a super article on photographay by Mark G.

Coin Imaging

Mark has a book coming out soon also :applause:

Thanks for the link, very cool.

I think the pictures are actually ordered in decreasing quality, myself. The top ones are the best, and so on.

About the coin itself, I am kind of surprised it got a 66 with that gaping head wound. It is gorgeous, yes, but it looks like Mr. Booth got to this one.

I think the pictures are actually ordered in decreasing quality, myself. The top ones are the best, and so on.

About the coin itself, I am kind of surprised it got a 66 with that gaping head wound. It is gorgeous, yes, but it looks like Mr. Booth got to this one.

I agree and I agree. It is a great registry coin but I'd prefer mint blooming red in 65 over this coin.

But, Lee is the man when it comes to Lincolns!

p.s. I noticed that you bought some new commems. I thought that you were shifting your focus to Loncolns and got out of commems. (shrug)

I agree and I agree. It is a great registry coin but I'd prefer mint blooming red in 65 over this coin.

But, Lee is the man when it comes to Lincolns!

p.s. I noticed that you bought some new commems. I thought that you were shifting your focus to Loncolns and got out of commems. (shrug)

Remember, the images are super sized. If you look at the slab images, no gapping Booth Wound is visible :) Just selling some Commems Victor. Not getting out of the series completely.