• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, How Did You Pick Your NGC Name(s)?

93 posts in this topic

TomB was already taken so I had to come up with something confused-smiley-013.gif In truth, my website/NGC Name/ & Ebay Name are all just my full name. I guess I was thinking that people would feel better about dealing with me (in business or friendship) if I offered that transparency into who I am.

ktronis is an abbreviation of my last name. I used to be here under WhiteTornado, which my wife would call me every now and then when I would rush around the house trying to do multiple things at once.

But, the novelty of the joke has long worn off, so I had Arch change my posting name to ktronis. I still have to login under my old ID, though.

I couldn't change my ID across the street, and I don't visit there much these days anyway.

Guess what kind of coins I chase after here in the Land of the RedNeck, errr, Land of the RedMan--better known as Oklahoma.

And here I just thought you were quite the man about town.

devil.gif

Beijim

I was really creative with my name. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

I'll bet you originally wanted to use your given name, but "Fred" was already taken. laugh.gif

Chris

I had Arch change my posting name

Cool! That's good to know. Maybe I'll have my name changed to something more creative and exotic sounding, like "Jimbo".

How about "Gumbo Limbo Jimbo"..................that should sell alot of coins!

Chris

I had Arch change my posting name

Cool! That's good to know. Maybe I'll have my name changed to something more creative and exotic sounding, like "Jimbo".

I guess when we want your attention we can simply shout "Yojimbo!" grin.gif

1601535-03-mo-yojimbo.jpg

1601535-03-mo-yojimbo.jpg.141eb5f23f3ad03e24510c44e056d509.jpg

When I was a kid (a long, long time ago) we lived in Alaska. We moved to Maine when I was in the 5th grade. I have 2 older brothers. When classmates found out we lived with the Eskimos they thought they would name us the Harpoon Brothers. Being the baby of the boys, I was Harpoon111. Course up here in Maine it's HAAAAPOON!!!!

Hi, All

How about adding to this interesting thread? thumbsup2.gif

bumpit.gif

AAJ

The other day, on the Registry board, braddick asked me why my Registry name was Anonymous when my user name is TomB. I thought that that question would be interesting to post to everyone here so that is why this thread is here.

My NGC name is TomB for fairly obvious reasons at this point. It's an abbreviation of my name. It's also the name I registered at PCGS when their forums started up and I wanted to let people know that it was me on both boards so I kept the name the same.

However, my NGC Registry name is Anonymous and that was because I found the NGC Registry to be not very intuitive. That is, when I tried to register I thought I could just link my information from the coin boards to the Registry and would simply be TomB on both venues. The NGC Registry, though, asked for an email address as the user name to login and this made me think I might be doing something wrong in the sign up process. So, I signed up as Anonymous to use the account as a test account in case I screwed up. As it turned out, I didn't screw up, and since I was one of the first to register, I could choose virtually any name I wanted. Since I am so open on the boards as to who I am, I thought it might be a nice change of pace to take the Anonymous name, even though I knew I would tell people it was me.

I have one active set on the NGC Registry and it is in the complete US type set category even though it is a not-near-complete-and-never-will-be-near-complete set. Something about the expense of the Draped Bust/Small Eagle type half makes me realize it will never be complete. Anyway, I did research for many years into the molecular basis of leukemia, specifically, acute promyelocytic leukemia. This type of leukemia is caused when two chromosomes, numbers 15 and 17, break and then recombine in an inappropriate manner within a cell. They typically break at a predefined position on each chromosome. On chromosome 15 they break at the gene known as PML while on chromosome 17 they break at the gene known as RAR alpha. When they recombine they fuse these two genes together to form a gene that causes leukemia, PML-RAR alpha. The abbreviation for the chromosomal break and recombination at this point is t(15;17) PML-RAR alpha. So, I named my set that and realized that only a physician or scientist intimately familiar with leukemias would ever know what it meant.

Okay, I'm a dork! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, who wants to explain their name(s)? smile.gif

Mine goes back around to about 12 or 13 years of age but it was so DIFFERENT people get a kick out of it and laughed. It started as a CB radio handle then just kind of stuck through all the boards as I am just to old to change,

jgrinz is a abeviation of JOKERS GRIN ... had to add a 's' at one time on some board so I abnbreviated it with a 'phat' 's' as a 'z' .. got the ling down boyz

Too long to type as the real thing so the Abreve does well for the typing fingers smile.gif

Like I would take a solid gold bar laying on a wilderness beach...why I'd alert the authorities immediately...wait, no phone, no signs of life for 70 miles in either direction ~looking around~ my britches would be hanging low like one of the those Gansta wrappers

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I love this guy! grin.gif

This is why I have been know as bsshog for a long time! The 40 is when I had to add that for an e-mail address awhile back when I was 40 27_laughing.gif. The license plate tells all!

cleanwithpegs03.jpg

Very boring acutally, it is my email address name for both work and personal as well as other things so that I don't forget who I am. foreheadslap.gif

If I would use the same password everywhere I would really be in great shape.

Rey

Bobby, what does the BSS mean of bsshog?

Boss! thumbsup2.gif

I Dont see no V8 and REAL BIG slick Tire - Maybe a MINI BOSS smile.gif

Boss! thumbsup2.gif

What you laughing at - I have seen one live and in person - The Guy driving it was as nuts as the bike IS

THIS IS THE BOSS HOG smile.gif

stanpurp.gif

YES that is a V8 Chevy unda' da hood ? hehe

Boss! thumbsup2.gif

What you laughing at - I have seen one live and in person - The Guy driving it was as nuts as the bike IS

THIS IS THE BOSS HOG smile.gif

I know exactly what one is. I used to have a club partner that had one. Also, I've been riding bikes all my life. I've had 7 different harleys. The one in the pic is the one I have now. My mom & stepdad both have thier own harley. This ain't my first rodeo Mike. 27_laughing.gif