• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh, gee whiz, There's ALREADY a phishing scam website that simulates CAC! LOOK!

34 posts in this topic

How long do you think it will be before the makers of Snickers candy bars shuts them down for copyright infringement?

Chris

I wonder as well. But then again, with the inclusion of a Snickers bar with every verified coin, one might expect sales of Snickers to increase dramatically. Coin dealers do have to eat, you know!

How long do you think it will be before the makers of Snickers candy bars shuts them down for copyright infringement?

Chris

Why bother? They probably aren't making money off this, it probably would cost Snickers more than it's worth to shut them down, and, the way I see it, this is free advertising for Snickers bars. (shrug)

Chris

How long do you think it will be before the CAC shuts him down for copyright infringement?

I don't know, but I think it is hilarious!

For those who do not know this is our very own James_EarlyUS

WHAT?? ME?????

I would never do such a thing! How could you even thing such evil thoughts???????

:devil:

Funny as hell. Glad some people don't take this hobby so seriosly that they lose their sense of humor.
You may have spoaken too soon

sent a link to Mars, Incorporated Let's see if they have a since of humor in their legal Dept.
hm

I agree with the consensus...a very funny spoof, and also a bit eye-opening. I hadn't really thought of the CAC experiment that way before. Do we need someone to certify our certified coins? I just don't see a need for a FPG--(fourth party grader)

Since I have yet to post anything on this CAC topic ( I usually like to think a bit on novel ideas before I give a thumbs up or down) I will take a moment to do so.

I wish it would work !! Over the past 2 years I have re-submitted this one particular coin , graded MS65, 3 times. It finally dawned on me that the coin was probably a tweener between 65 and 66. What had made me resubmit an accurately graded coin multiple times? It's because it is nicer than almost all 66's I have seen in slabs!! I have even seen 67's by the 2 big TPG's with scratches and or marks/hairlines on the bust/cheek on this issue.

To cut to the chase...my issue is usually not with the grades on my coins, but it's when I see inferior coins graded higher than mine ( and consequentally selling for much more).

CAC can't fix this--and it seems to be their purpose. A noble purpose and one which would work in a perfect world. However they have no power to unslab an overgraded coin and probably won't see most of the inflated grade stuff anyhow. The only way it could work is if the "sticker" became so prominent that people would not buy without it. That also will never happen because this is mostly a service for higher dollar coins. It would be pointless to sticker any moderns ( what would a sticker on a 69 or 70 mean anyhow) and circulated coinage for the most part would have no need.

In the end I see another attempt to try and break the monopoly. A very clever attempt I might add. Recently there have been companies trying to upgrade their status to join the big 2 (see ANACS and ICG for examples) Resistance seems to be futile. The CAC simply is trying to do an end run--becoming the graders of the graders...again, very clever but in the end it seems to be directed more to dealers who will be able to justify their asks and less suited for collectors who (for the most part) find the current TPG's adequate even if they are not perfect.

It would appear that part of the service offered by this "SNAC" outfit is to pre-approve the flavor of your candy for you. I imagine they would be willing to do the same for kids if they can get their parents to pony up the submission fees.

It would appear that part of the service offered by this "SNAC" outfit is to pre-approve the flavor of your candy for you. I imagine they would be willing to do the same for kids if they can get their parents to pony up the submission fees.

I am sure the submission fee would amount to peanuts for an adult so it shouldn't be a problem :devil: