• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is with all these new grading services?

7 posts in this topic

Now, I am familiar with the usual suspects, NGC, PCGS, ANACS, ICG, SEGS, PCI and ACG, and have my own opinons on the strengths (or lack thereof) for each, but browsing through eBay the other day, it seems like anyone with a label maker and some plastic holders has gotten into the certification game. Here are some new ones to me, has anyone ever heard of them?

NTC (I've heard of them, just not very familiar with them)

ACCGS

PCGA

From what I have seen so far of coins graded by these companies, I could do better myself! foreheadslap.gif

"These newer companies are probably the offshoot of that."

Nope. None of the companies slabs mentioned here are even close to the ACG shell. ACG licensed slabbing companies all use the ACG shell.

Cameron Kiefer

well, as I said in feb. my local dealer says to me "Anybody can grade and certify a coin". Unfortunatly, I feel its catching-on!! Ive noticed many new companys as well!!

good luck to everyone who tries a company other than NGC...

mike

----------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Unfortunately I think all of the new collectors entering the market via the State Quarter Program have created opportunities for companies to offer their services to the unwary.