• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another very fun coin to Image!

9 posts in this topic

Why is no one mentioning the thumb print , isn't it a negative factor here that lowers the grade?

Now I am only mentioning this because in the past collectors told me that this was so even though I don't necessarily agree with it.

The thumb print here is not very obtrusive, and seems to have been worked into the design. It's all kind of speckly, so the print blends in a bit. When it is bad is when the thumb print is really obvious or obtrusive, or even worse when the thumbprint is on an otherwise white or evenly patinated coin. Then it is ugly.

By the time you are done Sy, you are going to have every nicely toned 58 franklin out there. Yet again, that's a pretty coin.

Thank you, but actually Jason, that's my "worst" looking '58-D. It's the first one I bought with significant toning. I still like it, but it doesn't begin to compare with some of the other ones I've bought in the last several years. Bruce and Bob have also reimaged some of my other ones recently and I'll be posting them in the not too distant future...