• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CAC be permitted to showcase its distain and contempt for NGC...

63 posts in this topic

You know, the more I see this gimmick posting the less credible the nay-sayers look by association. I don't plan on using CAC's service, nor do I plan on paying a markup for CAC stickered coins, but I don't really have issue with the concept, and I've yet to see Mark or TDN post something that wasn't informative and intelligently put. Mark, TDN, et al, this guy's going to be good for business due to the "*spoon* by proxy" thing. He's like the Jack Thompson of coins. :)

*e* Also is on the verge of losing his license to practice law in FL following an involuntary commitment to a psychiatric institution for some of the completely bat*spoon* lawsuits he's tried, generally makes anyone with a similar opinion look as insane as he is, yes, that's the one. If you're proud to be in his company, I don't really need to say any more on the issue. You've gotten my 30 seconds of attention, now clip-clop back under your bridge, troll.

If our friend TedK is referring to the Jack Thompson who became famous in approx. 1998 for accusing Janet Reno for being a closet lesbian with a drinking problem, I say touche'. The Fat Lady will indeed be in rare company when she begins her singing ! Right on TedK !

CC,

seriously, you're negative banter is getting old. IF the CAC is a success, only time will tell. IF is stands on it's own merits and has a loyal following, that too we'll know soon. What makes you so certain that there isn't a audience lining up for this sort of venture?

I'm sorry but I still look at this CAC thing as looking at my coin I just sent to a reputable TPG to have graded and then asking the CAC if it was graded correctly. If they say it's not, what then? Do I send the coin back to the TPG that guarantees it's grade and tell them that CAC said it ain't so? I'm a little confused with what they are actually doing and also, I would think that this would take a few years just for the public to recognize what this sticker means and then is it worth paying a little more premium because it has a sticker. I may be off-base here, but this is all I've gathered from it.

CC - Just curious as to whether you collect coins. Why not provide some postive and/or educational input into these forums with the rest of us. Share your collection, knowledge, or anything other than just repetitive negativity. Understanding of course that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but my gosh.

Rey

Why not, my Positive input is I positively believe that CAC will not be a success. Not because it is not a valid concept but rather that it is not needed nor wanted by the coin collecting public. Time will ultimately tell. My opinion !

I'm sorry but I still look at this CAC thing as looking at my coin I just sent to a reputable TPG to have graded and then asking the CAC if it was graded correctly. If they say it's not, what then? Do I send the coin back to the TPG that guarantees it's grade and tell them that CAC said it ain't so? I'm a little confused with what they are actually doing and also, I would think that this would take a few years just for the public to recognize what this sticker means and then is it worth paying a little more premium because it has a sticker. I may be off-base here, but this is all I've gathered from it.
By submitting a coin to CAC you are getting an additional expert opinion and possibly adding the eligibility of the coin for sight unseen bids that it might not otherwise qualify for. Some coin owners have no want or need for that, while others will embrace it. People are free to and should do as they please. ;)

By submitting a coin to CAC you are getting an additional expert opinion and possibly adding the eligibility of the coin for sight unseen bids that it might not otherwise qualify for. Some coin owners have no want or need for that, while others will embrace it. People are free to and should do as they please. ;)

Your right Mark. I don't have any type collection that would enable me to use such a service. I guess it would probably work better for those that do.

Why not, my Positive input is I positively believe that CAC will not be a success. Not because it is not a valid concept but rather that it is not needed nor wanted by the coin collecting public. Time will ultimately tell. My opinion !

So obiously nothing of substance to contribute to these forums hmmm? With that being the case why bother. The statement above to me shows a definite misunderstanding of the entire concept of CAC. Not that I am defending them or not but they already apparently have a place in the coin collecting public, whether it be me, you or the next collector. Now their ulitimate success remains to be seen, but as I expressed before, we know where we each stand on this so lets move on to something more constructive.

Soi how about sharing your collection and perhaps we can get some interesting discussion going about coins.

Rey

Everything will be known in the fullness of time------Richard M. Nixon

Except for the 18 minutes erased from the tapes!! :devil:

Scott :hi: