• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stack's catalogs

6 posts in this topic

I just posted this message on the PCGS boards but I was so struck by the catalogs, I "needed" to post it here, too. (Plus posting it here also raises my post count here! smile.gif:) So, here goes:

I just received a THICK package with catalogs for Stack's next three auctions. All I can say is "Oh my goodness!" What an incredible selection of numismatic rarities. The Rothschild collection catalog has 119 patterns--a simply incredible selection. And the Ford catalog...well, it's impossible to describe. This catalog has Ford's colonial coins and a couple of other things...such as one of four original Confederate half dollars (as reported in the numismatic press) as well as 2 (of 12 to 15 existing) original Confederate cents. As far as the colonials are concerned, suffice to say that the first 9 coins in the catalog are Continental dollars!! As you turn the pages, you come face to face with one rarity after another. I was particularly astonished with a Washington New Jersey Shield Copper, the finest of three known. Personally, I never even knew this coin even existed, much less had ever seen one.

All I can say is that this is a simply amazing set of catalogs. If you have ANY interest in colonial coins or patterns, you DEFINITELY need to contact Stack's to obtain copies of these catalogs.

Mark

I too coincidentally went to Stack's website last night and viewed these same catalogs. Not as nice I'm sure as the real hard copy though I'm sure. I too admit I was thoroughly amazed. If your in to patterns thats the joint. Nothing right now for me, (early commem.s), but some amazing stuff.

what happens when you [!@#%^&^] off an auctioneer = makepoint.gif

I'm certain that the Stack's catalogs of the Ford collection will occupy an important space in many a numismatic library. I'm not so certain about the Rothschild portion, but perhaps that too.

EVP

I received my three catalogs this afternoon and have already given a quick look to two of them. The Ford, Jr collection is waiting for me when I have some serious time to look at it. smile.gif