• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Silver Collection

6 posts in this topic

I would like to know if any one has any info on The nevada silver collection? I have a ngc walking lib 1946s MS 66 atributated to the NSC and was woundering if it carrys any premium. And any other info about it would be great.Thanks kenwin1

I need more Redfields !!!

Do Redfields carry a premium now? I haven't purchased one in a long itme, but all the ones I did I cracked out to have graded.

Compared to the same coin at the same grade...I'd say yes for ones still in the original Paramount slab, based on what I've paid and auction prices I've seen. For example, I just got one...a 90-S...in a black slab, with an "implied grade" of MS-60. I paid about $67plus shipping on a Yahoo auction. I'd guess it probably would grade maybe 61-62 if I cracked it out. Then again, I think the collector base for original Redfields may be particularly small. A lot of coin clubbers I talk to have heard of them, but don't really know the story.

I don't think you'd see much of a premium from a cracked out and graded Redfield dollar versus the equivalent grade "regular" dollar, unless the toning was particularly nice. I personally don't think I'd buy an NGC Redfield unless it was a really nice coin I wanted...the Redfield pedigree on an NGC slab (like GSA on PCGS slabs) wouldn't be what I'm looking for.

This is all JMHO though...I have no real factual hard data to back it up other than what I see on Yahoo and ebay.

BTW I bought the coin for 2 reasons 1} I like the coin and 2} I needed to fill a hole, I did'nt buy it for attr. I just wanted to find more info about the attr. Thanks