• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friday night guess the grade and Overton!

14 posts in this topic

This one actually has an answer since it's in a slab! :o I got this a few days ago and just now had time to post photos.

1831p50cobv2.JPG

1831p50crev2.JPG

JMO--EF40 and O-102---key factor being 101 and 102 are the only Overtons for this year that shows #7 star pointing above the lower hair curl and toward the top of the head band and it is definitely not O-101. Even with the weak strike I feel the hair shows too much flatness not to be wear. I most certainly could be wrong, but I don't think so. Regardless, beautiful specimen.

Yes, it's rotated about 45 degrees in the holder (I hope my math is right, I figured 180 would be upside down, 90 would be sideways, so this is about halfway to sideways). It just happens sometimes over time that a coin will move within the holder, old PCGS rattler holders are the worst for this since the coins are so loose.

I'll go with O-102, XF-45.

Quite a bit of wear on the bust and hair, and the eagles wings and claws, but it looks like there is some luster left. Maybe a little "shinier" than it should be hm

This Bustie sure looks shiny for a coin showing so much wear. hm If ANACS did not net grade it, they probably gave it XF 45 for strong luster.

PCGS might go as high as XF 40 if the luster is strong. I would not be surprised at VF 35.

Coins like this are most difficult to grade from pictures.

Well, it's an O-102 and according to the slab it's an EF-45. The coin has some nice luster in the devices, but it's obviously been cleaned. The slab does not have a net grade though surprisingly enough.