• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Might need to leave my first ebay negative - Advice?

54 posts in this topic

So 'considering returning them' and 'can sell them for more' means 'I want to return these coins'??

I think a reasonable person can start to appreciate where the lack of specificity comes from in dealing with Mr Dreher

FWIW I've posted our two exchanges earlier in the thread. If you believe this whole problem was caused by a lack of specificity on my part so be it. A vast majority of my conversations with ebay sellers (or myself as a seller) would have gone something like this:

Dear davidt3251,

David, I received the coins and I have to say I'm disappointed. Both were listed as having boxes and while you did indeed ship them in boxes, they weren't the original boxes from the Munich Pandas. They are boxes from a 1993 & 1991 Proof panda. The COA that you indicated came with the 1990 was actually from a 1997.

I'm considering returning them. I really was looking forward to getting a 1990 COA since I need that for my collection. I already have both of these coins but I bid expecting to get the real boxes and 1990 COA

Fictional Good eBay seller reply:

Larry, I'm sorry the set isn't what you expected. I'm not a panda expert and to be honest I bought them that way and never really checked. If you want to return them feel free to use my return policy.

Likely reply from Larry:

David, Thanks for your quick reply. I'll just keep them, It's not worth the cost of returning them at this point (especially with international shipping). I see you have a panda so sale now. You might want to add note to your sale that the box with that one isn't original so other buyers aren't confused. Good luck on your eBay sales.

Now with that said I do not intend to take up bandwidth for this group having a personal flame war between us. No matter what I say you are not going to accept any personal responsibility for your sales or our interaction.

There is one point I do want to address. You ask what I had done about the fake pandas on ebay:

- I'm part of a fake coin group on ebay that reports sellers of fraudulent coins to ebay.

- I contact ebay sellers offline who sell what appear to be bad pandas. Some are legitimate dealers who don't know anything about pandas and are reselling them because they bought them from a customer.

- I've contributed to a guide about how to find fake pandas

- I network with other panda collectors and try to educate all new collectors on what to look for.

You'll notice far fewer fake pandas on ebay now than 12 months ago.

That's it. No more posts on this topic from me. Readers can make their own judgments on the merits of our respective arguments.

PS. I forgot to welcome you to the boards

The coin is where the value is here, and to be on the safe side as I wasnt sure I just said comes with box. If I new for sure I would write "Comes with original box" or "Comes with Authentic box".

Well, technically when you say shipping is $3 to the United States, you never specifically said shipped to the actual buyer. Perhaps that means it is OK to toss the coin across the US border or mail it to your friend in the US and assume you've done your part? :shrug:

Yeah, I'm the bad guy.

Maybe I should have written in the auction:

Coin authenticity unknown

Coin may be plastic

Coin may not be from China

Mintage may be 2501 or 2502 or...

COA may not be what you expect

Box may not be a box

Shipping may not be shipping

Watch this auction and see if you guys have an impact

All I know is the US dollars I received for the coin aren't the same US dollars I received from sales years ago and I am no longer interested in being objects of an inferiority complex of American collectors who see their purchasing power on global markets eroded.

Goodbye and please dont bid on any of my coin auctions, the world is tired of taking responsibility for America's mistakes. I have 400+ positive feedbacks from people who have integrity, ethics and morals and I will deal with only those types of people.

Please leave now you bore me

The new negative he gets will go nicely with the recent one he got for scamming someone else ... Hibitual offender heheheh What a loser

You could be the stupidest man on the planet......but I won't debate that with you because my Sister in law is from Canada and I am very fond of her. The fact that you made this about what country the buyer was from instead of your negligence in not accurately describing what you were selling just make you look like even more of a complete I-D-I-O-T.

Your 400 feedbacks aren't worth diddly around here.....I have like 3000 positives but that doesn't mean anything if I stiff somebody on Ebay.....each transaction is separate or haven't you figured that out yet :screwy:

Item wasn't original and won't honor return policy so doesn't deserve any further discussion. A Negative is justified.

Yeah, I'm the bad guy. I kick my dog and beat my mother; my father abused me when I was two days old.

I have 400+ positive feedbacks from people who have no ethics or morals, and I will deal with only those people who are mentally challenged or never made it past the third grade. I'm fed up with Americans because they are always trying to do the right thing, and I promise that I will restrict my eBay listings so they are available only in China. That way, I will feel right at home.

Note to NGC:

Is there a way that we can get rid of this guy? The place is beginning to smell.

Chris

Yeah, I'm the bad guy.

blah...blah...blah...

No, your email to Larry should have read, "Sorry about that. I was unaware of this. Please send the coin back and I will refund you the purchase price plus shipping as it was my mistake."

Goodbye and please dont bid on any of my coin auctions,

Yeah, like I'd make that mistake and bid on one of your auctions.

I have 400+ positive feedbacks from people who have integrity, ethics and morals and I will deal with only those types of people.

I guess that means you won't be dealing with yourself.

Yeah, I'm the bad guy.

blah...blah...blah...

No, your email to Larry should have read, "Sorry about that. I was unaware of this. Please send the coin back and I will refund you the purchase price plus shipping as it was my mistake."

I have 400+ positive feedbacks from people who have integrity, ethics and morals and I will deal with only those types of people.

:signfunny:

Yeah, I'm the bad guy.

blah...blah...blah...

:signfunny:

Mike, did you read my edit of his quote in my last post?

Chris

LOSER.

Neg him, ban him and most of all communicate to all the incredible dishonesty and total disrespect for professionalism this person has. And the comments about Americans, come on now, grow up and be an adult with some type of educated responses. The fact that you are defending yourself so diligently with your attitude just shouts guilt.

Just my opinion.

Rey

Wow, what a great bunch of people. First Larry bid on the panda (he emailed me to say he can sell it for more than he paid, I'm pleased he got such a great deal) and jaz and victor (victor is a wonderful name, I used it to register) sent me some private messages on the ebay system introducing themselves.

Now, about those pandas, i bought them and i never looked at the coa, and the box is what it cam in. I dont know about conspiracy theories and all, I know some people think Bush was behind 911, but the idea of a conspiracy with these coins is truly shocking. I listed what I sold, the panda and the box and the coa. As for the example of the car, well that has to be a joke because anyone could see in the photo there are no tires. If the photo did show tires and then the seller removed them, well that isn't a comparison to my auction now is it?

I buy a lot of items and sell a lot of items on ebay. A nice gentleman from the US last year told me he didn't receive his 3 gold coins and paypal clawed back $2100. Would jaz and victor send a message to him too?

I sold the item that was in the picture. (Thats right isn't it larry). The return policy says i only offer returns if the item is not what was depicted. larry had plenty of chances to ask about the coa or ask for a full picture of the box. this is the first time i have ever even heard of 'the real box', i havent seen one. EVER!! all my munich pandas come in boxes just like the one i sold larry. i suppose if munich panda boxes are such a scarcity, and if the picture doesnt clearly show its a munich box, then it BEHOOVES THE BUYER TO ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS TO MAKE SURE THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT.

LIKE:

HOW WILL YOU PACK IT?

IS IT AN AUTHENTIC BOX?

IS THE COIN PLATED?

IS THE COIN DOUBLE SEALED?

PLEASE SEND PICTURE OF BOX

WHAT WILL YOU WRITE ON THE CUSTOMS SLIP?

IS THE COIN TONED?

IS THERE A BOOGER ON THE BOX? NO, BOOGERS CLEANED OFF

DID ELVIS SIGN THE COA?

and if someone doesnt ask those questions, then they are in the same boat as me, its a coin and a box and a coa. i answer all those questions and i send all scans requested. there is no doubt in my mind as to how i run my business and that is with an excellent level of ethics

i mean the next think will be larry wanting to return the coin because fu man choo didnt sign the coa. larry will say "fu man coo didnt sign the coa" i'll say oh really. larry will say, "yeah fu man choo signed all my coas" i'll say "ok, but the coa is in the one in the auction" and larry will say "if it isn't signed by fu man choo then it isn't a real coa"

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?

CHILDREN...PLEASE ASK THE QUESTIONS BEFORE THE AUCTION IS DONE

AND, WHILE YOU'RE AT IT-SINCE YOU HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY-WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE FAKE CHINESE PANDAS ON EBAY (DONT TELL ME YOU HAVENT NOTICED). I WOULD EXPECT YOU LOT ARE REAL ACTIVE IN THE EBAY COMMUNITY, SENDING IN AUCTION IDS OF FAKE PANDAS LISTED AS REAL ONES, BECAUSE THAT IS THE REAL CRIME ON EBAY, NOT SOME REAL COIN THE BUYER GOT A DEAL ON

now i know you fellas are like family and blood is thicker than water and your blood runs red white and blue and all that, but the seller is not responsible for having to imagine all the infinite possibilities that could ever exist in a buyers mind. i used to allow returns everything and wondered why my expenses were so high, so i changed my return policy, and according to ebay that is a contract. once again,the example of the car is irrelevant here because there is no cooling off period

bottom line is larry told me he could sell the coin for more than he bought it for and he's complaining because i sold him EXACTLY the coin in the picture which is EXACTLY the item description.

The coa is a very important part of any modern coin weather it be USA or not I will not buy from you because of the way you treated our friend, a return policy means if he wants his money back you give to him.

If the item up for bid said so and so w/coa then why would anybody ask if it was the right COA?

I guess everybody that bids for an item should now ask every seller that has an item for sale w/coa whether or not it is the right coa.

IMPOSTER Canada pop 33,296,141 California pop 37,172,015

GDP 13 TRILLION DOLLARS USA 1.2 TRILLION CANADA

If the US wasn't here you guy would have the 29 million illegal aliens up there

and then you would need to learn French and Spanish

Who would want to spoon off 300 million customers .

EVEN WHEN OUR DOLLARS FALLEN AND IS NOW EQUAL TO YOURS

how about this get 4million more people and we'll make you a state

The seller is worse than a teenager: he can't see that he's in the wrong, is not objective, is immature and arrogant to boot. And........he's Canadian on top of it all. Poor guy. :sorry:

If you neg this guy he will neg you back. My main concern would be getting my money back on a return. Boxes are not a big deal with me as they eventually constitute a storage problem but his auction should have at least had the right box if it advertised it came with box and coa.

If you neg this guy he will neg you back. My main concern would be getting my money back on a return. Boxes are not a big deal with me as they eventually constitute a storage problem but his auction should have at least had the right box if it advertised it came with box and coa.

Sometimes a NEG is a badge of honour and worth it