• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to find used reference books on coins

13 posts in this topic

Hello again.

I have been hunting for a few coin books, used and have had no success on E-Bay, Amazon or Abebooks.com. Is there a dealer that specializes in this kind of thing. Particularly hunting fro Liberty Seated Half Dollars and the Noyes book on large cents.

Thanks. RI AL...too darned warm here in the Sticks of Rhode Island for late October. I'm ready for SNOW!

Try your local book store, they usually have the basics. If you want the complete guide to Morgan and Peace dollars try http://www.biblio.com/ That's where I got mine and was very happy with the results.

By the way Rial welcome to the forums, I'm Richard, and I know you'll enjoy it here.

Unfortunately, the Wiley/Bugert book on Liberty Seated Half Dollars is very hard to find these days.

You might give these guys a call, though. They had a stack of them at the Baltimore show a year ago or so.

Tidewater Coin Supply

Chesapeake, VA 23327

PH: 757-420-3007

FX: 757-546-0661

As mentioned the WB book on half dollars is out of print and very tough to find. The Noyes books should not be too much of a problem. Charlie Davis is the distributor for the Noyes books and last I knew he still had them available. (Although if you want the book on the varieties for the early dates it is only available as part of the two book set of early and middle dates. The middle date book can be purchased seperately but not the early dates.)