• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roosey dimes

6 posts in this topic

hi all.

out of habit i was 'louping' a 2007 philly dime that i got in change and son of a gun i noticed what appears to be die chips on the nose, eyebrow and chin of roosevelts head! anyone else notice this on their dimes? just curious and surprised to be seeing evidence of a worn out die already on a new issue. i'm picture challenged otherwise i'd post a 'snapshot'. comments?

steve

Steve, that isn't all that unusual where the field meets the edge of a device. It's kind of like standing on the very rim of a gully that has been formed by flood waters. Some of the earth is sure to give way. The die, itself, could have been brand new and the breaks formed as soon as it was put into service.

I have bags of 2005 CA SQ's that I got form the Mint as soon as they were released. There are so many filled, die chips on the obverse and reverse that it looks like the condor had diarrhea.

Chris