• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will the apparent reversal of PCGS to permit"approved" TPG coins into

15 posts in this topic

their Registry Sets effectively preempt the CAC group at their own game ?

It appears that PCGS will soon permit "approved or acceptable" non-PCGS TPG stickered coins into their Registry Sets, if they pass PCGS standards. Stickered by PCGS not CAC . It seems that this action taken by PCGS will have the effect of blocking CAC coins, except if they are also "approved" by PCGS from being included into their Registry Sets. Very interesting !

I find it very interesting, that after years and years of denial of the competition, that PCGS, all-of-a-sudden when faced with increased competition, changes their tune. To me, a collector, competition and the changes it drives are a good thing...Mike

Will we ever get to see our coins again with all these stickers on the slab? Somehow I am picturing a suitcase with stickers from all over the globe on the outside...

Maybe dealers will take better care of their slabs. Who wants to reholder their scratched up slab only to have to send it back around the country to get all the stickers back on it.

I find it very interesting, that after years and years of denial of the competition, that PCGS, all-of-a-sudden when faced with increased competition, changes their tune. To me, a collector, competition and the changes it drives are a good thing...Mike

Mike, are you referring to CAC giving PCGS competition? I don't see that at all. Just curious as to what "increased competition" you are referring to....

CAC is only going to bless coins from PCGS and NGC. PCGS' idea would, apparently, extend beyond that to all the other services. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how 1 interferes with the other.

CAC is only going to bless coins from PCGS and NGC. PCGS' idea would, apparently, extend beyond that to all the other services. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how 1 interferes with the other.

Yeah! What he said.

Too little Too late...

The fact that pcgs feels compelled to enact a similar sticker program tells me that the CAC is Due.

I think pcgs should start by stickering all their own slabs..

Too little Too late...

The fact that pcgs feels compelled to enact a similar sticker program tells me that the CAC is Due.

I think pcgs should start by stickering all their own slabs..

PCGS should put "PQ" on the insert just like NGC uses the "Star" for the nicer eye appeal coins for the given grade. I also like the idea that PCGS wiIl give their interpretation of the coin and keep it on file for future reference.

I do like the idea of adding my NGC coins into the PCGS Registry, it is about time PCGS thought of doing this.

I do not believe PCGS will allow any other than PCGS coins into their registry. If the coin is "sticked" then just submit it to PCGS for their plastic.

I do not want someones "gimmick" sticker on any of my slabs. If they can sell their service to prop up the values of numismatic coins, then kudos to them, but I will put my money into the rising silver and gold (bullion) coins. USM products are looking better than ever.

I don't see this as competing with CAC at all. A market maker only benefits when the commodity he's a maker of, is perceived as more valuable. It's that perception PCGS is addressing.

CAC as I understand it, is only gauranteeing to buy it at a fair price, not that you'll get a certain price or premium over any other similiar item.

I go back to the NASDAQ analogy, a maker doesn't care what the stock is, just that it trades hands many times.