• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A trade dollar collection cheaper than the dansco??

14 posts in this topic

Wow, things are getting more nuts all the time. Those are cheap cast fakes that have been whizzed, for crying out loud....

I'd be willing to pay two dollars for the coins, and five dollars for the belly laughs.

It is a rather cool novelty when you think about it...

And if you are a true Trade Dollar collector, this would be a great reference...

Makes me wonder, if we're witnessing the birth of a cottage industry here. Is there a future where the quality of the replica becomes as collectible as the authenticity?

Let me warn you all of something in regards to these 'fake' coins that are stamped replicas. Very seldom do they come stamped at all. For the fun of it I bought 3 replica coins--$4 stella, 1795 half dollar, 1913 V nickel-all coins I will never be able to own.All showed the coins stamped replica or copy, yet when they arrived none were so stamped. Now the coins are all stamped with a 'C' which I placed on them to differentiate from actual coins. We don't really need these coins to come here unstamped-I figure there are plenty who know that they are NOT stamped and are buying them for this reason.

Hi, Keleum :hi:

Eeeeyow! :insane:

The seller from China states in the auction description "I sell these copied coins only want to make your collections more perfect." :o

Hee, perfect? lol

AAJ

I bought my set from the same seller last week!

I'll let you know what they look like when they arrive.

I thought it was cool how the DANSCO album is even a fake.

(I don't believe these are cast, but instead struck counterfeits albeit on non-silver planchets. I base this one 'coins' I've purchased from the same seller...)

The seller from China states in the auction description "I sell these copied coins only want to make your collections more perfect." :o

Hee, perfect? lol

AAJ

Not "perfect"-- he said it would be "more perfect" (perfecter, if you will).

I wouldn't consider the collection perfecter without the 1886 and 1887 to fill up the album.

Hee, perfect? lol

AAJ

Not "perfect"-- he said it would be "more perfect" (perfecter, if you will).

I wouldn't consider the collection perfecter without the 1886 and 1887 to fill up the album.

They didn't make those though, right?

Hi'ya Comic.. Yeah it's amazing how quickly these "legal" fakes have taken off.

Braddick, when you get your set. I'd be interested in your thoughts on them.