• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a Texas Commem have a better strike?

7 posts in this topic

As I was looking around I came across this one. I won't be bidding on it but felt it has to be one of the nicest (if not nicest) strikes I've seen on a Texas. Thought you might enjoy just looking at it. It's in an NGC MS67 holder.

texas1.jpg

texas2.jpg

The strike is indeed well above average with Ms. Texas' hand, fingers and knee well defined. Many Texas commemoratives are flat in those areas.

I doubt that the coin is an original "snow white" piece. I think it's been lightly dipped. I will also note the mark on Ms. Texas' elbow. When you get to grades like MS-67 such marks should be noted in considering a purchase at those prices.

The thing that will make or break this piece is the luster. I imagine that it is bright white when seen "in hand." If it is then the coin is worth a shot although I would not pay crazy PQ MS-67 money for it.