• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Recent change finds for anybody???

15 posts in this topic

Today Breakfast was free for me. :) Went to McDonalds, which I usally do not do. Anyhow got my change back with a low cow and cheese. :) I will take it. Anything for you??

Wasn't a low or high leaf design huh? That's strange that you would mention McDonalds. I stopped by there a couple weeks ago and got 3 wheaties back in change.

It was a LOW LEAF one. :)

Wow!!

...am I ever jealous.

A lot of "found" moderns get recirculated because they look like ordinary pocket change. Varieties are usually found in higher than average grades.

COOL Bruce!!! :applause: Congratulations!!!

So far this year I've found one thing interesting. A silver war nickel in G4 - 6. It was fun to find, but obviously it wasn't going to set the world on fire, so after holding on to it for a month or so I put it back out into circulation so someone else could have the fun of finding it.

I have to thank you for this thread. I read it just as I was about to do the food thing and right after lamenting my east coast location in reguards the state quarter whitman i'm trying to fill. I justified a mcdonald's run, and though not nearly as exciting as a wisconsin leaf, I did get a minnesota Denver mint quarter which was just the thing to fill a hole I had in my Whitman! :)

My wife has incredible luck. A few years ago, she got a Mercury dime in change.

More recently, she got a gold plated Connecticut quarter. The clerk at the gas station noticed he had given it to her and asked for it back. She said she collects coins (me really, not her), and that he had given it to her. He told her she'd forget about it and spend it. She assured him she wouldn't, handed it back to him for a farewell look, and he gave it back to her. I don't have any real gold, so this will have to do for now!

Her latest find was a Buffalo nickel. It was sitting on the counter at 7-11, like someone had left it there not knowing what it was. She paid for her items, saw the loose nickel, grabbed it, and was on her way.

All three of these occurred at the gas station. Maybe I should spend more time there.

Well I've been working out of town a lot, that's why I have not been on the boards much lately. While I was in Maryland last week my father walks in after work and says to me you are not going to beleive what I got in my change today, of course I asked what, a 1927 Buffalo nickel, which he gave to me, I refused but he would not take no for an answer. Here pictures below!

46041-image1.jpg.376bf307c894ce7a2cfc91a3bb54d02a.jpg

46042-image2.jpg.1350f3166f4ab4c9b6bcee45b14f19e8.jpg

Last night I got a dark cent in change. I figured it would be a pre-1982 cent I could put in a stretching machine and put it in my pocket. When I looked at it later I found it was a 1930-P cent in VF to F.

I wonder how long it was in and out of circulation over the years. It didn't look like a coin recently stolen from a collection (as would an SLQ in AU), so it probably has gone from pocket to coffee can and back a number of times over the past 77 years.

My mom and I went to a Mexican Restaurant here in Midland, Texas today for lunch and this showed up in my change. 1926 D Liberty Head Dime

VG or F???

Rey

1926dlibertyheaddimeobvvy3.jpg

1926dlibertyheaddimerevkl5.jpg