• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Toned Peace $ Survived the Divorce

15 posts in this topic

For the most part it is finally ending. It wasnt as bad as others I had heard of, but I did manage to keep my ever growing toned Peace collection.

Thanks to Mark Feld, THE most respected and honest dealer in my eyes, I was able to liquidate some of the inventory to settle out the terms.

He was kind enough to buy up my 1911 proof set, my 1942 proof set and my partial 1879 proof set - at very reasonable prices.

He was even so good to send me a check for more money since he sold my coins for more than he thought he would -- and this wasnt a consignment situation.

My many thanks to Mark!!!

So I lost the core of my Proof Type set but thats cool. I want to focus on my toned coins. So I will be putting up the rest of the proof coins on the BST forum shortly.

The new GF actually likes my coin collecting and even wants to start her own collection.

Now that I know I get to keep my babies, I will be stopping by a lot more, if you guys dont mind.

Thanks

Michael

I'm sorry for your loss, FrattLaw...not for the wife but for the proof sets! Really!

What right does an ex over one's coin collection. How bogus. That's why when I get married, I'm getting a prenuptial and hurt feelings be damned!

Been there done that....lost my whole collection or rather I had to sell my whole collection to pay joint biils while the EX had no assets and did not pay a dime towards anything :censored:......glad to hear some of your babies still have a home.....very glad to here it indeed (thumbs u

I know how important this toned Peace dollar set is to you so it is refreshing to see that someone can keep the core of their collection and move on to something better.

Glad it worked out for you Michael. Domestic battles are not fun and if you wind up with anything that you value, then it turned out better than thought. I've lost a collection years ago for the same reason, and now might be losing some for financial reasons. Whatever the reason, and whatever the loss, doesn't matter as long as you still have the hobby!

For the most part it is finally ending. It wasnt as bad as others I had heard of, but I did manage to keep my ever growing toned Peace collection.

Thanks to Mark Feld, THE most respected and honest dealer in my eyes, I was able to liquidate some of the inventory to settle out the terms.

He was kind enough to buy up my 1911 proof set, my 1942 proof set and my partial 1879 proof set - at very reasonable prices.

He was even so good to send me a check for more money since he sold my coins for more than he thought he would -- and this wasnt a consignment situation.

My many thanks to Mark!!!

So I lost the core of my Proof Type set but thats cool. I want to focus on my toned coins. So I will be putting up the rest of the proof coins on the BST forum shortly.

The new GF actually likes my coin collecting and even wants to start her own collection.

Now that I know I get to keep my babies, I will be stopping by a lot more, if you guys dont mind.

Thanks

Michael

Michael, it was a lot of fun visiting with you again and I'm glad that you will be able to keep the pride and joy part of your collection. Thanks for your praise - I greatly appreciate that.

But, you said: "I will be stopping by a lot more, if you guys don't mind". But what if we DO mind? :o

:devil:

;)

What right does an ex over one's coin collection. How bogus. That's why when I get married, I'm getting a prenuptial and hurt feelings be damned!

Victor, I won't try to speak for Michael, but was under the impression that he was merely trying to raise some money, not that his (soon to be) ex-wife had any direct influence over the coins.

Hey Michael,

As many on the boards know, wives are a dime a dozen ;) , but a truely spectacular toned Peace dollar is a joy to behold. :grin:

Edited for multiple typos :)

Thanks for all the encouragement. I really do appreciate it. I really was worried I was going to have to liquidate the entire collection, but luckily I didnt have to.

Now I can refocus my energies and resources to even make the collection better.

I picked up a toned 28-P so I still in need of the 34-S but I know that one might take some time.

As for the wife, she's not a dime a dozen but Im just happy I found someone that is okay with my collecting. She's gone with me to the two last shows and I'm pretty sure she will be at future ones.

So if anyone's got a pic of their toned Peace $ I would love to see what you guys have found since I was last around.

Michael

Note to self: If things start to get ugly in the marriage, hide the coins somewhere and tell her they got stolen or something.

Note to WW: Why wait until it is too late. Rent a safety deposit box at a different bank and make sure the annual bill is mailed to a post office box. Put all your coins into the new safety deposit box, and tell your wife that you got rid of most of your collection so you could spend more time with her.

Chris :devil: