• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've always wanted a Morgan that looks like this!

38 posts in this topic

Not my photos, so I'm hoping it'll look as good, in hand, but I've always wanted a true DPL higher grade Morgan. I think this one will work!

blackwhitexx.jpgblackwhitexxx.jpg

blackwhitex.jpg

Thanks guys.

I remember, as a kid, looking at pictures of Morgans in an old Red Book (or, possibly a Blue Book) and the way coins used to be photographed back then the true DMPL Morgans would appear as the one above is.

Ever since then I've found them attractive and wanted one.

It sounds like though, possibly, TDN may know something I (we) don't! Possibly a PM to enlighten me?

I agree. This Morgan is the ultimate in looks! The stark cameo contrast makes it even sweeter. And, since it is 66 then there shouldn't be as many distracting ticks and marks to distract one's viewing enjoyment.

That is a very nice looking DMPL there Pat. Looks like a few extra nics for a 66' but by know way am I trying to bust any bubbles here. A very nice looking Morgan. I would love to have one like it!!!

Pat - my amused comment is on the picture, not the coin. IMO, the contrast has been jacked through the roof to make it appear to be a stunning black & white cameo. You may yet get a very nice looking coin, but I doubt it will look like that image.

Pat - my amused comment is on the picture, not the coin. IMO, the contrast has been jacked through the roof to make it appear to be a stunning black & white cameo. You may yet get a very nice looking coin, but I doubt it will look like that image.
I thought so too, but Teletrade generally doesn't offer jacked images, per se, and in comparing it to other imaged NGC MS66 DPL Morgans they've sold, this one stands out as more black and white then the others.

Here are a couple of examples Teletrade has sold (NGC MS66 DPL):

Teletrade example one

Teletrade example #2

It'll be fun to photo it when it arrives and see what it really is as you may very well be right regardless of my precautions and speculation.

I had one like that once in that grade. It sure was a beauty! Rivaled proofs. I'm sure you'll be happy with it for a long time.

Yes, and within an hour it was packaged up and sent right back to Teletrade. I've never returned a Teletrade coin before, out of dozens of coins received since 1984, but this Morgan was the worse POS I've seen. Even in an MS64 PL holder you'de be let down.

How in the world it ever got into a 66 UDM is beyond me. Baggy beyond believe with milky mirrors, at best, and somewhat chalky devices but the letters were totally lacking.

Just a true heartbreaker and well worth the $126.00 hit I'll take for returning it (Teletrade's fee) plus the expensive postage to make sure it got back safe and sound.

TDN, you were right and thensome. A shocking disapointment!

For some reason the photo of the morgan doesn't appear any more , can someone post it so I can learn what went wrong. After reading the thread it is amazing that only TDN picked up the problems. I guess he is the man to go to for $1's and hence his sig.

also getting 3 red x's....hmmmmm, could this be censorship? hm I think Teletrade is directly/indirectly affiliated with NGC rantrant...and Ron Guth is a member of the Illuminati also... :screwy:

PS: been raining here for 3 days straight, just a nasty drizzly gray, gettin a little stir crazy...never mind me... :pullhair: