• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disposable income disposed of.

15 posts in this topic

My car died on me last week (in true Murphy's Law fashion with a trunkload of groceries in it) and to get it up and running again cost about $1,100. Needless to say, that's money that won't be spent on coins. So, what would you buy if you had $1,100 of play money?

For me probably a Shield nickel, No Rays, in PR66, to work on the old typeset.

I have a friend who is holding onto an 1889-CC Morgan $, NGC XF45, for me. He knows that Greysheet Bid is more than double that, but like I said, he is a friend.

Chris

I would go to an estate auction being held Oct 2 Looked like a bunch of Morgans-CC

and a few 2 1/2 1914 d Indian's and many Large and draped bust cents.But I don't have the cash this week

... the ever elusive NO PROBLEMS... ACCURATELY GRADED...1877 Indian Head Cent. I'd couple your $1100 with the $800 I've got socked away for this purchase and get something better than VG... L