• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need opinions from early commons people

15 posts in this topic

The color looks fine, but it's impossible to tell if it's an MS63, MS64, MS65, MS66 or whatever from the tiny images. Greysheet for a generic date Texas in MS64 is about $120 and in MS65 is about $270. Your total cost of $165.51 is too high to pay for an MS64, but there is little downside since the seller accepts PayPal and also has a seven day return period.

I think you did alright Ray. This person was selling their entire commem. collection. I bought a Maine commem. from this same person today. We shall see what we get!

I think you did alright Ray. This person was selling their entire commem. collection. I bought a Maine commem. from this same person today. We shall see what we get!

Seller did have some nice looking commons...don't you think?

All of them did have that nice album toning, I did bid on his Oregon but it went north of $500 (it did look splendid but the images were not that good to take that big of a chance) and I stopped at $275. I might of missed out on a great coin, come to think of it, he did have a good return policy.

123cents, let's swap opinions after we receive our new bootie!

Ray

The color looks fine, but it's impossible to tell if it's an MS63, MS64, MS65, MS66 or whatever from the tiny images. Greysheet for a generic date Texas in MS64 is about $120 and in MS65 is about $270. Your total cost of $165.51 is too high to pay for an MS64, but there is little downside since the seller accepts PayPal and also has a seven day return period.

I agree.

The delicate rose colored toning as imaged may look really nice in hand. Given the reasonable return policy, I think it was worth a shot. These are underrated commems in my opinion - one of the better designs.

The delicate rose colored toning as imaged may look really nice in hand. Given the reasonable return policy, I think it was worth a shot. These are underrated commems in my opinion - one of the better designs.

One of my two favorite designs James, the Oregon is tied with Texas for numero uno IMHO. The return policy made me bid on the coin and I will let you know my opinion after the coin arrives.

Thanks,

Ray

One of my two favorite designs James, the Oregon is tied with Texas for numero uno IMHO. The return policy made me bid on the coin and I will let you know my opinion after the coin arrives.

Thanks,

Ray

Interesting, Ray, the Oregon trail was designed by husband and wife James Earle and Laura Gardin Fraser. It certainly is my favorite commem also. (thumbs u

Thanks,

Ray

Interesting, Ray, the Oregon trail was designed by husband and wife James Earle and Laura Gardin Fraser. It certainly is my favorite commem also. (thumbs u

I kinda remember the fact that a husband and wife designed the OT, but I could not tell you their names (shrug), just goes to show how many knowledgeable people are here. You jogged my memory rrantique!

Ray

I kinda remember the fact that a husband and wife designed the OT, but I could not tell you their names (shrug), just goes to show how many knowledgeable people are here. You jogged my memory rrantique!

Ray

James E. and Laura G. Fraser. Laura is given primary credit.

I think the half dollar you picked up stands a chance of being worth the money, however, upon perusing that batch of auctions (there were many commems up from the same set), I thought that most of his coins looked AU and he was calling them BU.

Hoot

My coin is a orange brownish color so I think there is some enhancement of the images on the sellers part.

The coin does have some nice toning, obverse is fully toned but the reverse only has nice tone on the right side fading to very little on the left side. That being said, i'm guessing it's a 65 so i'll keep it.

Ray