• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1989 1 Cent Error???

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys once again with a question, i have found this penny in my pocket change, and am wondering if it is just me or if it is an error.

I have come across one of these from 1987-1989 All Philies.

1989 Error

Please give me your insight to this oddity.

JaDunlap

It's really hard to tell by the pic. I see some sort of flaw going around the edge, but can't see it good enough to tell what it is. Can't tell if it may be filled around the letters, or some type of machinery scrape. Also, you mentioned this was pocket change, it may be some type of rolling machine mark when the lincoln was rolled at one point. Ain't no telling actually how many times this cent may have been rolled in a wrapper.

Yes it is Raised metal. i have another two besides the 1987-89 i have a 1983P and a 1972P..

I will take a better picture if you think it will help.

No, it won't help. AegisIII is correct - worn die. Unofrtunately, these are not really worth anything because they are so common.

Yes it is Raised metal. i have another two besides the 1987-89 i have a 1983P and a 1972P..

I will take a better picture if you think it will help.

No, it won't help. AegisIII is correct - worn die. Unofrtunately, these are not really worth anything because they are so common.

There you go! Ask and ye shall receive.

Chris