• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found 1916 Wheat while metal detecting, what do you think? your grades please?

18 posts in this topic

I found this Amazing Wheat, I know it's not rare, but hey it sure looks nice, how do you guys feel about this one?

Link Included to site where i posted the Pictures Below... Please look.

1916 Wheat

Also press Back button to return to this page, so you don't accidentally close Collectors Society.

I dug it about 6.5" down it was in an old style bottle with a few other wheats none anywhere as nice, as for the finger print... i'm not sure without cleaning it, and i don't want to damage it... So if you have any Ideas please feel free to let me know.

You should consider sending it to NCS first to see if they can help clean it up in a way that won't result in a body bag. Of course right now it's hard to speculate on the coin's ultimate value, so that might be more of an investment than it's worth, but for a cool find like that you might enjoy keeping it in as nice a state as it can be restored to even if doing so costs more than its present value. I'm sentimental about coins like that.