• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1839-O New addition to my Capped Bust Half Collection.

18 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone :hi:

I haven't placed anything on the forum in a while. So here is a recent addition of an 1839-O to my Capped Bust Half collection. If you would like to grade it, please do or just comment on it be my guest. I showed it to Osburn and he graded it...

I'll let everyone know his opinion and grade later. hm

AAJ

1839oo.jpg1839or.jpg

Love it, looks original which makes it a tough one to acquire. If it is AU58 it is +++++++, because it appears original and not cleaned. Again I love it, I own a NGC AU58 that was definitely cleaned because it is bright white, so when I see yours I am very jealous, and mine set me back some if you know what I mean.

The 1839-O Bust Half is also one of my favorites as well. Nice coin !!

Although I don't think it'll get an AU 58 ... a touch too much rub...

its a very choice AU 55.

Congratulations and thanks for posting its image !

My guess is AU-50. This is a great coin for a type set, in my opinion, as it brings a lot more to the table than just a generic 1837 or 1838, yet it isn't so rare that the cost is out of sight. Great coin!

Hi, Everyone :hi:

Thank you for your comments on my newest addition to my DANSCO Capped Bust Half albums. I know it is very hard to grade coins from pictures and scans. Most of you thought the coin was a strong AU, as did I! (thumbs u

I bought this raw coin graded as XF/AU for XF money, and I showed it to Osburn at an Long Beach Coin Expo earlier this year. He liked the look and stated it was a strong XF perhaps AU. Looking at the coin with a 10X magnifying glass he thought it may have had a slight dip many years ago but otherwise he really liked it.

I thought it was a strong AU, with many die cracks on both sides of the coin, and just right for my collection! :cloud9:

AAJ