• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wright Brothers Commemorative Eagle in MS (Large Pics)

11 posts in this topic

Nice coin Keith - I also got mine today!

I had placed a single order for all the coins at once. So far, I've gotten the gold pieces, one by FedEx and the other by overnight U.S. mail. And I paid $3.95 shipping? I don't get it. Seems like those overnight charges must eat into their per-coin premium pretty fast!

Hoot

Hey, did the mint use that new laser thing to make the coins in this series? It looks like a standard made coin to me. I heard they used them on the wildlife medal series.

Very nice piece either way. It the glow as subdued as it looks or is that the picture?

Nice coin Keith - I also got mine today!

I had placed a single order for all the coins at once. So far, I've gotten the gold pieces, one by FedEx and the other by overnight U.S. mail. And I paid $3.95 shipping? I don't get it. Seems like those overnight charges must eat into their per-coin premium pretty fast!

Hoot

Hoot,

When I placed my order, I saw something about Expedited Shipping being a free upgrade when purchasing gold or platinum products, or orders over X amount of dollars. Figure that with the melt value of this coin being under $200, they are still making plenty of money, even with FedEx charges.

I am jealous! I ordered mine over the weekend, and so far I got a big fat pile of nothing.

Dallas is one of FedEx's biggest hubs after Memphis, so no suprise I got mine ultra-fast. Funny thing is that when I FINALLY got the US Mint e-mail saying the product had shipped, I already had the coin in hand and was in the middle of scanning it.

I am jealous! I ordered mine over the weekend, and so far I got a big fat pile of nothing.

Dallas is one of FedEx's biggest hubs after Memphis, so no suprise I got mine ultra-fast. Funny thing is that when I FINALLY got the US Mint e-mail saying the product had shipped, I already had the coin in hand and was in the middle of scanning it.

Hey Keith - I received my coin 2 days ago and I JUST got my shipment notification email! 27_laughing.gif

Hoot

Well, I received mine today, along with two mint sets (everything else was backordered), and the quality was superb! Which is more than I can say for the mint sets! 893frustrated.gif The design wasn't inspiring, but the strike and overall quality of the coin was great. And as gold keeps going up, the price tag is becoming less offensive everyday!