• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dansco Album's

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased some of the Dansco albums that hold mint and proof coins. I noticed that the Half invludes the SMS coins of 65, 66, & 67 and a slot for a 65, 66, & 67. None of the others do not.

I know they didn't issue proof sets in 65, 66, & 67 did they issue P & D mint sets those years?

Just trying to decide what the albums that do not include the SMS slots.

There were no mint sets in those years, nor were there mintmarks! Due to the acute coin shortage after the clad coins were introduced, the mint decided not to use any mintmarks on any coins in 1965-67 (thus collectors would not be enticed to save them since the mint viewed collectors as a significant cause of the shortage). Mintmarks were reintroduced in 1968. So some albums will include SMS slots since they had a different finish (more prooflike) than the standard business strikes. Hope this helps.