• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I recieved an email from an ebay bidder today.

6 posts in this topic

I had a NGC graded Pr 69 ucam 1981 type 2 SBA for auction that ended last night that didn't sell.I had the opening at $250.00.

I recieved an Email from a gent who offered $200.00 plus S/H.

I personally think it would be wrong to sell it.I am not going to screw Ebay for one. And Second I set the open at $250.00.

You guy's sell more than I do. Does this happen a lot.

I mean it's easy for me.I don't have to sell .I don't earn my living at this.

I mostly put stuff up at no reserve and start it at 1¢ since I just want to sell it. The few that I put with a reserve that didn't sell I have had some people contact me.

Figure out what you want for the coin. At $250 on eBay they are going to take $10 or so from you. Every time you relist it costs more in insertion fees.

If you're happy with $200 then take it.

Don't worry about screwing eBay out of their cut. They'd screw you in a second. And if you really want to give them a cut, you can sell it thru the second chance option and eBay will take its cut.

I don't sell alot of coins but frequently get offers outside of ebay after I run a few auctions and then my conscience will start to bother me. I have made the deal otherwise several times and hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me. I do like their new second chance option.

Leo

I usually start them at 1 cent like greg does. If the coin doesn't sell then the auction is over and eBay is out of the picture, IMO. They already get to keep your listing fee. If you are OK with the offer then take it and don't feel bad about it. Or you could counter.

If you like the offer, then accept. You need not "feel" for eBay in any way whatsoever. They are quite confident they don't need you to look out for them, and certainly they will not look out for you.

Personally, I'd counteroffer with $225 + s/i.

EVP

You shouldn`t be offended. Sounds like this person was interested in your coin and thought that $200 was a fair offer. That doesn`t mean you should accept.

But, considering your opening amount it doesn`t sound to me like this person was trying to get it at a steal. Sometimes this opens the door for a bit of haggling that can still result in a sale that both parties can live with. Some of my best and most consistent customers made purchases from me after the auctions ended. Some even send want lists. Also, some even offer coins for sale prior to listing them on

e-BAY. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif