• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sometimes, a single overhead lightbulb (S.O.L.B) really is enough for imaging!

13 posts in this topic

This always works well and you get good pics. As mentioned tho', the yellow tint is the only factor with getting the true color. Nice pics james!

Actually, the yellow-gold tint is accurately portrayed. That's one of the reasons I like the coin. It isn't the standard "blast white" or "bag toned" coin. It has different character.

This always works well and you get good pics. As mentioned tho', the yellow tint is the only factor with getting the true color. Nice pics james!

Actually, the yellow-gold tint is accurately portrayed. That's one of the reasons I like the coin. It isn't the standard "blast white" or "bag toned" coin. It has different character.

James always likes to tease me!

Chris (thumbs u

Then I guess that shot works James. Doesn't matter what I try to shoot with one over-head, normal house light, I get yellow.

Are you using a standard bulb, or a "true color" type, of which there are various brands? Also, make sure to limit the ambient lighting, which can throw off the white balance. Finally, make sure the white-balance on your camera is calibrated prior to taking the photo. Hope this helps!

You need to set the white balance on your camera. If it has automatic white balance use that (you'll need to shoot a photo of a white paper in the acutal lighting conditions). If not, then set white balance to incadescent or flourscent depending on which you have. --jerry