• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a pretty 3CN Proof-Only issue

14 posts in this topic

If its a 6 digit number on the slab - NGC was not designating Cameos at that time period so it may have a shot at it ... Can you take a regular striaght on picture of this coin ??

yes graded during the ultra camo cameo designation phase of ngc which started for pre 1915 brilliant proofs and 36-42 brilliant proofs back in early 1998

june 7 2001 was when pcgs started to desgnate deep cameo and cameo for the same as per the above

looks killer eye appeal to me and yes overpolished nose like most all and also same with the merc dime proofs also 50+ years later............ many noses overpolished so they are missing from many proofs......... the more things change the more they stay the same

looks mild cameo reverse and near miss cameo obverse

keep it in the older holder not worth it for designation review just based on the photos

in hand sight seen might be different

I agree that the cameo is not super strong but I think it's strong enough for NGC to cameo it and even more likely for PCGS to do so.

The coin, in hand, is truly a beautiful gem. It's one of my favorites in my entire collection.