• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of 1834 busties arrived today

11 posts in this topic

The dark 1834 arrived today and it is a great coin in hand. It looks great in the album. It is a very dark coin but when it is in the right light you can see the colorful toning that you see in the pics. Here are the pics of it.

1834smalldateobvbf0.jpg

1834smalldaterevlq9.jpg

On Sunday Edgar Souders had an O-114 for sale on ebay so I picked it up also. It is what Edgar called an AB Transitional. For more information on the AB Transitional check it out here. 1834obvcp2.jpg

1834revvl2.jpg

They are both great coins. So what do you think of them? :)

Sweet looking coins! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Due to the darkness of the first one I might suggest in the future that you image it (or comparable future purchases) against a lighter background to give it some contrast before you insert it in the album. In any case, nice coins.

Nice Bust Halves! :applause:

The toning on the first one is sooo thick and crusty. That took a while to build up! Even though it’s heavily toned this coin has good eye appeal and lots of detail showing.

But I really like the second half!

It reminds me of my Bust Quarter, which really looks real good next to your half. (thumbs u

Just take a look…

half-and-quarter.jpg

hm