• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1958 Franklins; Signature Set.

13 posts in this topic

slot: 2106P

The 58 in the PCGS holder @ PF 67 DCAM...this is one awesome proof cameo Franklin.

As are the rest SkyMan...excellent birthyear set! (thumbs u

That is one great set you have put together Sy. 99% of us don't have that many Frankies from the series, let alone that many outrageously toned examples from one year. And an extremely difficult year on top of that. I am thrilled to have been able to see and image a fraction of them. I can say that what you see is only a fraction of how attractive they are in hand. The group as a whole or individually is just stunning. I am a HUUUGE fan of your material. (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

You what sux,,, I been trudging along for a few YEARS looking for those Exact coins for MY birth year set....And here it is ..you had them All Along..

A Very VERY nice set for OUR birth year..

All kidding aside,,Tom is right, you can definitly see the effort. (thumbs u

Great looking birth year set Sy! :applause:

How did you find all those beautiful MS halves?? I’d be lucky to find just one…

The two proofs are just plain sweet. :cloud9:

The PCGS DCAM is as frosty as I’ve ever seen in a Franklin proof half regardless of year.

Thank you folks, I'm glad you like 'em. It's been a fun journey and, the good Lord willing, hopefully there are more to come.

...99% of us don't have that many Frankies from the series, let alone that many outrageously toned examples from one year. And an extremely difficult year on top of that.

Actually, 1958 splits into two different areas for difficulty. It is NOT a difficult year to find nice toners from (Thank Goodness!). Due to the Mint Sets (and the manufacturing processes of that year) there are quite a few pleasantly toned Frankies out there. Of course, like all real addictions, one's tolerance for what is a "Nice" example changes, so yes, it can become more difficult to find some of the latter examples that I've posted as I've gotten pickier. In case people hadn't noticed, the numbers for the coins are actually the dates that I purchased that specific coin. 1958-D's are probably the single easiest Franklin date/mm to find pleasant toners from, and are not particularly difficult to find FBL. 1958-P's are relatively easy to find toners from, but are surprisingly difficult to find with FBL. Both obviously by definition get tougher as you try and find the Mooses.

Now, DCAM/UCAM Franklins from 1958 are a WHOLE different kettle of fish to find. As mentioned at the intro to the Signature set they are one of the toughest years to find in the whole series. Even if one finds one, they tend not to have the frost/contrast of most of the rest of the series. Finally, if one is looking for the ultimate die for 1958 DCAM's it can be a journey of almost 20 years to find one.

Most of all, it's been FUN to find/collect these little jewels, and a really nice part of the journey has been to be able to share these coins with the coin enthusiasts on this board.