• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

great coin commentary i will be looking for part two this friday sept 14 2007!!

16 posts in this topic

I remember the sudden and almost absolute crash of the coin market, but as I recall, it recovered somewhat for a very short time, then crashed again, this time "permanently" (at least for several years). Am I remembering incorrectly?

I remember the sudden and almost absolute crash of the coin market, but as I recall, it recovered somewhat for a very short time, then crashed again, this time "permanently" (at least for several years). Am I remembering incorrectly?

I also remember the "crash" seems to me what really sticks in my memory was the fact that Bunker Hunt had a article written about him in a Playboy magazine about how he tried to monopolize the silver market and lost his pants. (so to speak) lol

I'm guessing you guys are referring to url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Thursday]Silver Thursday[/url] and the impact of the Hunt bros, trying to coin the silver market had on coin collectors.

Not that I'm an economics guy, but I'd be interested to hear a recount of what happened to the coin collecting as a result. I was but a lad at the time, but I assume coin collecting, photography and some other silver related industries at the time were hit pretty hard by this.

A cornering of the copper market was tried in1996 , by a japanese company. But I would doubt that was widely felt in the coin markets.

I guess I should read the article, huh

as with most of what you post james you are 100% correct (thumbs u

My day is almost closing and I'm headed out of town this weekend. I started to read it but I already see I want to finish all at once. Just gonna have to wait til I get back home. thanks for the link Mike!