• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jefferson Nickel article

19 posts in this topic

Way to go, Hoot! You should write a book! thumbsup2.gif

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif !!!!!!!

Funny how you guys (I suppose you get this online?) find out about these things before I do! I just received an email from Beth Deisher and Candie Stayton about the article!

Thanks Dave, Arch, Tom, ALL!!! acclaim.gif

Hoot

Way to go, Hoot! You should write a book! thumbsup2.gif

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif !!!!!!!

Funny how you guys (I suppose you get this online?) find out about these things before I do! I just received an email from Beth Deisher and Candie Stayton about the article!

Thanks Dave, Arch, Tom, ALL!!! acclaim.gif

Hoot

Good for you Hoot. grin.gif

I just received my copy of CW! It's sometimes a bit hard to read your own writing with edits. In this case, mostly shortcuts made at the beginning of the article, making the intro a bit awkward, with a few mixed into the rest of the text. I suppose the page length had something to do with it and also the ambiguity of what the Mint is going to do with the design for this year. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, it's fun all-in-all. Thanks for the notice!

Hey Roger, where you been? Too much WORK and not enough PLAY! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hoot

Excellent article Mark.

How long did a piece like that take to complete? Was it your idea to prepare a piece for Coin World, or were you solicited by anyone?

I found the article to be EXCELLENT.

Congratulations.

Excellent article Mark.

How long did a piece like that take to complete? Was it your idea to prepare a piece for Coin World, or were you solicited by anyone?

I found the article to be EXCELLENT.

Congratulations.

Thanks Darin! The piece took me a few hours to research and about two hours to write. I then let the work "settle" a bit and edited it my my satisfaction (another hour or two). Some pieces require more time - up to 8 hours initial writing time. Virtually all I write is of my own thinking while trying to keep a pulse on what's going on. I had didscussed this idea with Beth Deisher at the Baltimore ANA and she said she was interested. (She is quite a nice person and I like her writing a lot).

Thanks very much for the notice! blush.gif

Hoot

Mark -

I'm very impressed with your writing. You use a very comfortable voice and don't budgeon folks with an avalanche facts. Ok, so I mixed metaphors - but you get the drift. Yeah, I know, another metaphor...so sue me.

I owe you an IM and will try to find time tonight. Things have been crazy of late and I've been hither an yon quite a bit.

Keep up the writing - you're building quite a fan club!

Congratulations Hoot!

Is this thread a pitch to subscribe to CW or will someone post the article here soon? 27_laughing.gif

Leo

Leo - Well, I hate to admit it, but CW has exclusive rights to the article now. blush.gif So, you may have to go to the local magazine rack or coin store and take a look there or suscribe online. confused-smiley-013.gif I wish I could put the article here, but I might have a short-lived publication record with CW if I do. flamed.gif

Hoot

When your book is finished, be sure to send me a second draft before it gets published.....OK! 27_laughing.gif

I'll come across your article eventually. Like maybe a copy.......ya know? Some thoughtful person could possibly make one and accidently drop it in an envelope that somehow had my address.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif .....and then there's the matter of the stamp....somehow, that needs to find it's way onto the envelope.....and if that person just happened to walk by a mailbox.......end of tale! 893frustrated.gif

Oh well! It was worth a try. frown.gif

Publicly humiliated,

Leo juggle.gif

Congratulations Hoot!

Is this thread a pitch to subscribe to CW or will someone post the article here soon? 27_laughing.gif

Leo

Leo - Well, I hate to admit it, but CW has exclusive rights to the article now. blush.gif So, you may have to go to the local magazine rack or coin store and take a look there or suscribe online. confused-smiley-013.gif I wish I could put the article here, but I might have a short-lived publication record with CW if I do. flamed.gif

..or a brief synopsis of your article?

I,m a fan of the 5c denom too.

Cam41 - The article is a tribute to Felix Schlag and his design(s) of the 5 cent piece. It very briefly outlines his history with the denomination and tips a hat to him in recognition of his work and upon the upcoming change in design.

Hoot

When your book is finished, be sure to send me a second draft before it gets published.....OK! 27_laughing.gif

I'll come across your article eventually. Like maybe a copy.......ya know? Some thoughtful person could possibly make one and accidently drop it in an envelope that somehow had my address.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif .....and then there's the matter of the stamp....somehow, that needs to find it's way onto the envelope.....and if that person just happened to walk by a mailbox.......end of tale! 893frustrated.gif

Publicly humiliated,

Leo juggle.gif

Oh for Pete's sake! 27_laughing.gif PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of the article! 27_laughing.gif

Hoot

Publicly humiliated,

Leo juggle.gif

Oh for Pete's sake! 27_laughing.gif PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of the article! 27_laughing.gif

Hoot

grin.gif