• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more of Bruce's incredible handiwork!

7 posts in this topic

In noticing Dooly's beautiful medal scans that Bruce took in a previous thread, I had realized that I failed to display some of his other work.

I asked Bruce to photograph four coins in my collection, and he kindly accepted.

I think the quality speaks for itself, so i'll just shut up and show the pics:

1871 Germany Wurttenberg 'Victory' Thaler, NGC MS64

dm1871gt.jpg

dm1871gto.jpg

dm1871gtr.jpg

1885 Swiss 'Shooting' Thaler (Bern), NGC MS65

dm18855fb.jpg

dm18855fob.jpg

dm18855frb.jpg

thanks guys!

Keleum - these 5 Franc 'shooting' Thalers were stuck to commemerate European shooting competitions (in this case, Bern Switzerland). They are usually very beautiful and designed by famed engravers of their day/country. They circulated as money during the shooting competition, and often for some time after the festival. Most of these are tiny mintages, the Bern example was minted in a run of only 25,000. You can find them around, but many have been cleaned and they are certainly commanding a higher price all the time as they are being "discovered" by collectors. good luck!

Doug