• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally One in an NGC holder - 2000-w LOC Proof - PIC added

9 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get a good value on a Library of Congress Proof Coin. I once had that ANACS coin ( you may remember) and tried to cross it from a 69 to a 69 slab and it would not ( I knew it would not but tried anyway - Haze ) Sold it...

Looking at a few 68's and they want too much money for them and after seeing the haze on the ANACS 69 I was leary of buying a 68 cause it probaly has ' haze ' ...

Bought one anyway .. yep haze ... returned it ...

Started buying RAW ones complete with Mint boxes Etc and after a few I finally found a coin suitable for NGC slabbing ( In My Mind ) ... Yesssssssss

PF69Ucam ... Total cost $950 ... it was 50 extra cause I expressed it - Impatient

They say retail is $1250 so I guess I did ok ...

I should see it today or tommorrow and pictures to follow ..

Thanks for listening

44415-loc_new.jpg.2e328014afac1aa43f2b161a36226cec.jpg

congratulations, I can't wait to see the photos.

Haze is something coin doctors put on coins to hide marks. It's all over the place on holdered 19th century coinage. Is the haze your talking about 'normal' for the coin or did someone put it there?

congratulations, I can't wait to see the photos.

Haze is something coin doctors put on coins to hide marks. It's all over the place on holdered 19th century coinage. Is the haze your talking about 'normal' for the coin or did someone put it there?

I am finding the PLATINUM hazes quite badly on some of these

Its just with age I guess as most that I have seen certified have come direct from the capsules. Thats the way I sent mine in and let them remove it form the capsule.

Mike

I sent a beautiful one in about a month ago. The last raw one that I had. I was hoping for a 70. It came back as a 69 but still looks great in the NGC holder with the gold and platinum contrast against the white border. Enjoy your bi-metallic.

David

Mike

I sent a beautiful one in about a month ago. The last raw one that I had. I was hoping for a 70. It came back as a 69 but still looks great in the NGC holder with the gold and platinum contrast against the white border. Enjoy your bi-metallic.

David

I thought this one had a shot 70 too .. but its okay I have the MS in a 70 :)