• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Memoriam, post a 1920 coin or a coin with a nautical motiff.

13 posts in this topic

My Dad died in May and I was just back in the Philly area this weekend past for his Memorial service. He certainly appreciated collecting things, his particular addiction was nautical stuff. If you have a copy of the book "Jack Tar; A Sailors Life, 1750-1910", he was the author, and the objects pictured in the book are part of his collection. If you don't have a copy and you are interested in nautical stuff, particularly the life of the average sailor of that period, check it out on the Amazon.com website. FWIW the book was acknowledged at the end of the movie, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.", as the source for shipboard life/conditions/activities of the period.

My Dad was born in 1920, so, if you have one, post something from 1920 or something with a nautical motiff.

sh1920sg.jpg

Sy1920Pilgrim.jpg