• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Un*spoon*believeable *spoon* eBay *spoon* stupid *spoon*

38 posts in this topic

Dear gmarguli,

You recently listed the following listing:

270164323602 - 2006 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: DOG NGC MS70

270164323570 - 2002 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: HORSE NGC MS69

270164323573 - 2003 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: GOAT NGC MS69

270164323585 - 2004 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: MONKEY NGC MS69

270164323603 - 2006 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: DOG NGC MS69

270164323608 - 2001 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: SNAKE NGC MS70

270164323530 - 1999 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: RABBIT NGC MS69

270164323581 - 2000 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: DRAGON NGC MS70

270164323630 - 2009 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: OX NGC MS69

270164323550 - 1999 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: RABBIT NGC MS70

270164323541 - 2000 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: DRAGON NGC MS69

270164323664 - 2003 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: GOAT NGC MS70

270164323534 - 2010 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: TIGER NGC MS70

270164323621 - 2008 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: RAT NGC MS69

270164323636 - 2002 AUSTRALIA SILVER $1 LUNAR SERIES: HORSE NGC MS70

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Counterfeit Currency and Stamps policy. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has

been canceled.

In most countries around the world, including the U.S., it's illegal to sell counterfeit currency and stamps, as well as the equipment designed to make these items. For this reason, listings for these items are not permitted on eBay.

However, sellers *can* list a "reproduction," "replica," or "copy" coin (U.S. or foreign). The Hobby Protection Act requires that these coins be clearly and permanently marked ("incused") with the word "COPY." This protects collectors against fraud and confusion.

For more information on the eBay Counterfeit Currency and Stamps policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/currstamps.html

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

To review eBay's list of Prohibited, Questionable, and Infringing items, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

dragon-ms70.jpg

Who the knows? There are 143 of the same coins listed right now by other sellers.

I person_without_enough_empathyed at eBay last time they stupidly ended some of my auctions. I guess a seller with 4000+ positive feedback, zero negs, and an almost 10 year history can't be contacted before they pull auctions. Yet, an 1854 Trade dollar being sold raw from China will be let run. I'm pissed!

Who the knows? There are 143 of the same coins listed right now by other sellers.

I person_without_enough_empathyed at eBay last time they stupidly ended some of my auctions. I guess a seller with 4000+ positive feedback, zero negs, and an almost 10 year history can't be contacted before they pull auctions. Yet, an 1854 Trade dollar being sold raw from China will be let run. I'm pissed!

I agree with you on this one, I think ebay made a terrible mistake and I find nothing wrong with your listing.

John

Greg, that sounds like Ebay.

Were you able to contact Ebay and get them to pull their head out? :)

I'm going to call the phone number they left for me and have a discussion with them. If I get nowhere, I'll dig up my PowerSeller account manager or whatever they are called.

My stupid thought: $10K in fees this year should get me some respect and a competent person to talk to at eBay.

Greg, that sounds like Ebay.

Were you able to contact Ebay and get them to pull their head out? :)

If I get nowhere, I'll dig up my PowerSeller account manager or whatever they are called.

Greg, it just became frighteningly obvious why you're having problems with Ebay. They somehow became aware that you buried your Power Seller account manager (or whatever he is called)! :o

:D

I dug up my buried account rep and got an answer. This truly blows my mind.

New eBay policy:

1. Pictures must show entire slab.

2. No stock photos in the coins or stamps section.

I explained how this would result in significantly fewer listings from me and less money for eBay as I couldn't be bothered taking individual pictures of cheap common modern mess. Their response is that they're "trying to clean up" the coin section of eBay. Great, fake coins from China will be plentiful, but legit sellers will be punished.

Who knows, maybe my new pictures of the coin in the slab will improve sales?

new-ebay-pic.jpg

I think I'm going to report a few thousand auctions for listing violations. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Perhaps if eBay gets flooded with reports of violations and cancels enough auctions (read: loses enough final value fees) they will understand that this is a moronic policy that needs to be changes.

New eBay policy:

Greg, what does that have to do with the notice you received, which said:
The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Counterfeit Currency and Stamps policy ...
?

New eBay policy:

Greg, what does that have to do with the notice you received, which said:
The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Counterfeit Currency and Stamps policy ...
?

Oh, I should have mentioned that. All notices for pulled auctions in the coins and stamps section get that counterfeit item notice. That's just generic boilerplate text. :tonofbricks:

Unburied PowerSeller rep: "I guess the notices we send out should have explained exactly why the auctions were ended".

Me: "Yeah, that kinda would have helped. Maybe post the new rules someplace also, like on your web site for us sellers to see?"

Unburied PowerSeller rep: "I'm not sure why we don't do that"

Me (in my head): "Because your company is run by insufficiently_thoughtful_persons?"

That's absolutely insane. What are all the sellers who sell multiple items going to do? Are they going to have to shoot a photo of all 1000 MS 65 presidential dollars in their inventory?

eBay is going to put themselves out of business if they continue on this path!

Dig another hole and rebury the eBay rep, Greg.

I suggested to eBay that they have some sort of system that allows sellers who meet certain qualifications to continue to use stock photos. The rep said he'd note that in my account and pass it along to his manager.

Personally, I'm going to continue to use stock photos for generic modern slabs and just not note it in the auction anymore. I seriously doubt that it will cause problems, but if it does... :shrug:

I suggested to eBay that they have some sort of system that allows sellers who meet certain qualifications to continue to use stock photos. The rep said he'd note that in my account and pass it along to his manager.

Personally, I'm going to continue to use stock photos for generic modern slabs and just not note it in the auction anymore. I seriously doubt that it will cause problems, but if it does... :shrug:

Greg, what will you do if a buyer complains that the serial number on the insert is not the same as the one shown in your photo?

Buyer: "Hey mister, you switched slabs on me. I was bidding on the slab with serial #xxxxxxx-607"

Seller: "Sir, you are very observant! Unfortunately, eBay's new policy has forced me to omit the fact that I was using a stock photo for this listing. I have 500 of these widgets in MS70 to sell, and if I had to take the time to photograph each and every one, I would have had to increase my BIN price to account for the additional time I spent preparing this listing."

Buyer: Yeah, but "607" is the month and year of my birth and I wanted that one!"

Seller: "Happy Birthday! I'll send you a teething ring and a one-day supply of Pampers to make up for it."

Chris :devil: