• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am so jealous!

19 posts in this topic

There are never any coin shows around here! All we get are gun shows where some people happen to show up with coins to sell (and I'm not sure I'd want to buy there). :pullhair:

Even the nearest coin store is 1 hour away... stupid east side of Houston.

With not too many coins shows and still some coin sellers at guns hows may be an opportunity for a good deal?????

This is true. I haven't gone to the shows though my step-father has told me that there are guys that sell silver dollars basically at melt.

WAH, WAH, WAH!!! I only count 28 coin shops in Houston. Live in South WestVirginia and there are maybe 4 in a 4 hour radius. I would love to be able to pick from that many coin shops in even a 2 hour drive. Oh well, there is always Ebuy.

Pasadena has a coin show about 4 times a year and there is the Money Show in Houston Nov.29 to Dec.2.

Do any of these occur from about May 17th to August 19th? Otherwise I was probably at school and didn't hear about it. Where do they have it?

WAH, WAH, WAH!!! I only count 28 coin shops in Houston. Live in South WestVirginia and there are maybe 4 in a 4 hour radius. I would love to be able to pick from that many coin shops in even a 2 hour drive. Oh well, there is always Ebuy.

I don't know where you're getting 28, but all the ones I'm aware of are on the other side of town. I will admit though that compared to you my situation isn't THAT bad.

I just looked in yellowpages.com under Houston's zip code-might be one you didn't know about. I counted 28, but then there's this new math. lol

When I went searching last I used a copy of the Greater Houston Yellowpages, a physical copy of it (which I suspect might be a bit out of date) and I found about 5-6 if I remember properly.

New math? ... do tell. :baiting:

Pasadena has a coin show about 4 times a year and there is the Money Show in Houston Nov.29 to Dec.2.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I will be in Houston from October 1 to December 14 for training.

I’m with you William and Jim, I live in the south central part of Virginia and I see no shows and it’s about an hour to the only coin shop that I know of at this time, well there are a few antique shops but their coins are over priced!! I feel your pain guys. I also did a search on yellowpages.com for my zip and I got one in Texas and one it Florida????

I’m with you William and Jim, I live in the south central part of Virginia and I see no shows and it’s about an hour to the only coin shop that I know of at this time, well there are a few antique shops but their coins are over priced!! I feel your pain guys. I also did a search on yellowpages.com for my zip and I got one in Texas and one it Florida????
How far are you from Richmond?

Maulemall can fill you in on Richmond, but only an hour or so up the road here in the DC area there are always several shows year round in and around DC and Baltimore. Anytime you want to come this way and go, let me know.

Rey

Rey, from here it would take me about 2 hours+ depending on the 66 and 495 traffic to get to DC. I've been out of that area two years now but have not forgotten the traffic problems! lol

Imperial coins on Patterson Ave. Call them and ask for Jerry...He's a Good guy . The store is open Tues thru Sat, 9:30am to 1:00...But call him to see if he's gonna be open before you go there..

Sometimes hell take Vacation.

Rey, I am going to come north one of these days and let you show me around (thumbs u

Edited to add; Don't start collecting Morgans now (tsk)

:jokealert:

DC suburban area traffic is fine --- just schedule your trip to arrive sometime between 3am and 5am...and don't use I-66, I-95, I-495, I-395, I-270 or Routes 17, 7, 28, 29, 27, 32, 108, 1, 2, 50, 236, 234, 193, 123 or most of the side streets. Also avoid numbered, lettered and named streets in Washington, DC (assuming you get in). Lastly, bring a picnic lunch and a port-a-potty for the longer backups.