• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I REALLY liked this Arkansas

15 posts in this topic

There is a 36D Arkansas in the current Heritage Signature Auction that I bid for. In fact, I bid higher that for any other commemorative ever, but still less than 5 figures. I just checked it out and now the next bid is $22,000 with the juice (15% commission). Go take a look at heritagecoin.com and see what you think.

I tried for 15 minutes to post the link but everytime I linked it showed my user identification in the bidding section of the Heritage website, which I would rather not do for obvious reasons. I noted that the top two NGC registry series are missing this coin. Is it possible that we will see this coin in the NGC Registry soon?

I would have questioned my smarts on winning this bid at $6,000. At $25,000, yikes.

I tried for 15 minutes to post the link but everytime I linked it showed my user identification in the bidding section of the Heritage website, which I would rather not do for obvious reasons. I noted that the top two NGC registry series are missing this coin. Is it possible that we will see this coin in the NGC Registry soon?

If you remove the SID=12345.... part of the web address it will not show your personal info.

I believe the personal ID is also simply your email address that is registered with Heritage. If you have this visible on any coin forum already then you are not giving out anything new. The password is gone when you make a link.

I believe the personal ID is also simply your email address that is registered with Heritage. If you have this visible on any coin forum already then you are not giving out anything new. The password is gone when you make a link.

I've had several discussions with Heritage about this. If you follow a link that has the SID=12345 in it and later login to their site, that link becomes "owned" by you for 15 minutes. Chippewa posts the link and you follow it and then login. I see the link and folllow it and I am now logged in as TomB and I can see your personal info such as address, phone number, tracked lots, invoices from past auctions, etc. I cannot place bids without your password. This was recently changed as I had several bids placed from my account after following a link in the past.

Now, I follow the link that is now owned by TomB and then later login and that link becomes mine. Someone else visiting that link will be able to see my info.

Heritage suggested to me to never even follow a link with SID=12345 in it.

They are working on fixing this security hole, but they say it is a major task.

Now, what do you think of the coin?

It's nice, but I don't get the price. It looks like the type of coin I'd pay a medium premium for, but nothing close to 10X. Must be an upgrade coin where two people say it in person and placed bids online.

thanks greg you arre always a good egg and fast lightning fast too!!

thanks well for me arks esp this date d and s mintmark is oneof my specialities and it is a really great coin but not that great at this money wow i guess i am totally out of the loop in pricing the toning is spectular though

for me i guess i cant see how this is at this price i guess i do not know as much as i thought i did

i guess all i can do is to stand back and shake my head in amazement

260919-36Sark.jpg.f86076d7f6c9dc97332634f9a69bd322.jpg

WOW! Chippewa!!! That is quite a beautiful coin. Never seen one with such unreal colors. (I wonder how truthteller did it? 893whatthe.gif) (Just kidding, ya know. grin.gif) Seriously, that coin has amazing surfaces and a great strike. Looks like an NGC star coin to me. cool.gif I hope it makes you happy and bright!

Hoot

Chippewa, I wouldn't post my opinion without first learning you DIDN'T win the coin, so here goes: I don't TRUST the toning whatsoever.

Sorry, I've seen too many Peace dollars and even San Diego's with that same color scheme and those I KNOW to be false color. And, even if real it is not mind blowing as the price would suggest.

Braddick

Not to worry. I would never post about a coin that I am the leading bidder on. On this one, I dropped out about $14,000 ago. Do you really think this is AT? If so, the toning business could be really fun and profitable.

Thanks for the info Greg, I never knew that about the Heritage site. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for the coin, I would think there would be little chance of an upgrade. The reason for this statement is that the coin is certified in the latest generation PCGS holder and, during much of this holder's history, PCGS has given out an enormous number of super-gem and finest known grades and upgrades. So, the coin is likely already maxed out.

• Administrator

Pretty cool example of toning actually playing into the design of the coin. The toning really enhances the "feel" of the design in this case.

It's a nice coin inall but the money is just too much. I can understand one wanting a one of a kind, or the best of a particluar type, or even amazing toning. But, for 20K, I could do a whole lot of damage on so many others. Is it really worth it? and WHY?

-by thw way I'm not criticizing anyone, just trying to understand.