• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS sent me a box today.....

9 posts in this topic

This is the 1890 dime......This and the 1829 were both found at My Great Aunts under the bed in a cigar box when she passed on.

She had a bunch more(mostly foreign) coins to have conserved for my daughter.

260470-1890.jpg.9f4a87e3523efe9255ef3dd60ddf506b.jpg

I won't show the Lincoln. Sufice it to say the color was bad.

That brings me to the Morgan.It's really a nice coin that I bought in a 5 coin lot that contained My 1934 Peace which NGC graded 63.

I got them all for $75.00

I new that the coin had been cleaned but I never saw the rev.I even showed the coin to K6 across the street and even though it was cleaned he thought it a nice coin.He didn't see the rev Either.

589a8b2fc78e6_260486-1890s.jpg.c58494a6bf15e855411d4b68764b5535.jpg

I got a coupon with CS membership for 3 free NCS gradings when 5 coins are submitted. Would rather not have them conserve anything for me, but do have some rare varieties with problems that I wouldn't mind getting slabbed. Might give them a try. Would be nice if they did that automatically for NGC body bags, though. I have a standing policy never to send a body bagged coin back to the same service. blush.gif

The 1890 dime doesn't look so bad by the way, probably because it's retoned some.

I just sent a 1932 eagle to NCS for their gold spot removal special, so this is my first attempt with them. As long as it comes back looking descent and at least MS-62, I'll be happy. Otherwise... sumo.gif

Do you have any indication of the turnaround time?

jtryka

These are coins I submitted in Baltimore.I think they would have been back sooner but I had a mix up with my CC.

The work they did was really very good.I have a couple newer gold coms. I sent them for a Haze problem I had on some proofs and they probably got me at least a point....maybe two.