• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Becoming slightly aggravated... My latest NGC Submission...

19 posts in this topic

I had posted my results from my latest 20 coin NGC submission a week or 2 ago. It was the one that contained the MS69 Missing Edge Washington Dollar. Well I had hoped the coin would grade MS66 so I knew there was a typo. Anyhow after NGC realized what had happened they sent me 2 emails letting me know it was my responsibility to return it. Being the honest individual that I am I planned on returning the coin (after I posted a photo of the coin in the MS69 holder on this site). Well NGC contacted the Post Office and had my shipment of coins returned to them before they arrived to me. So unfortunately I wasnt able to photo the coin in a MS69 slab. I didnt realize you could have a package returned to you once your package has been shipped, but if I was NGC and I knew that could be done I would have done the same thing. Today my package finally arrived. I guess a little part of me was hoping for Free Grading Coupon or maybe my 20 coins would arrive in a NGC storage box. But I guess that was to much to hope for. (The coin graded MS65 :( ) After realizing that a grading coupon or a $6 box was just wishful thinking, I started entering my coins into the registry. As I got to the last coin I began cussing. What is wrong with this picture?

Picture6001.jpg

I think I deserve a freakin coupon....

(Update - I received a coupon - Thank you.)

They had two chances to look at the coins and the missed that.. i am a daft english man and even i can see the error in that one lol

I think you need some coopons also..

I just looked at the submission and I have the correct Denomination. 50c. HEHE I must apologize for my lovely photo all those lines are smudges on the holder not the coin. I was ranting in a hurry.

This may or may not be good quality control. I wonder how many thousands of coins per day NGC gets right hm .... but never gets reported.

On the other hand, I agree they should compensate for such errors, and a free grading coupon is an excellent idea.

Heck if the airforce can take nukes out on a weekend joy-ride, why can't NGC get an order wrong.

How much do substitute finalizers make, anyways? I hear there's going to be an opening, soon.

Well on the PCGS video the say you coin is looked at by a first graded and it go to a second grader and after that to a third grader .I hope that NGS uses people with at the very least a GED.Most grading is done in seconds

I received an email from NGC asking if I had received my package. And letting me know that they sent me a coupon for 5 modern coins for my patience about the typo with the Missing edge coin. I must say that does put a smile on my face, nice to know NGC does care about the little customers. Too bad I had to reply to the message letting them know that there was this 2nd typo in my coins. But again I want to say Thanks to Mr. Schechter the coupons are appreciated.

I received an email from NGC asking if I had received my package. And letting me know that they sent me a coupon for 5 modern coins for my patience about the typo with the Missing edge coin. I must say that does put a smile on my face, nice to know NGC does care about the little customers. Too bad I had to reply to the message letting them know that there was this 2nd typo in my coins. But again I want to say Thanks to Mr. Schechter the coupons are appreciated.

Dang. now that is service! Congratulations.

Its not fair they sent me a $900 coin as a mistake for a $100 coin i had sent in and all i got was a thank you !! when i sent it back !!

Coin Curious---- The other day when I read this post, I found it 'odd' that NGC could recall a postal package once it was mailed. In fact, I thought that was both impossible and maybe even illegal.

So, as my wife is a temporary postmistress, I sent her on a mission to find out about this policy. And apparently there is a form 1509 that does indeed allow a sender to apply for the 'Recall of Mail".

It does not give any guarantee that the mail will be found and returned---but it seems it is perfectly legal to request the return. All fees are to be paid by the sender in order to get it back.

Am not sure that I like this sort of postal policy. As it means that any sender anywhere at all----can send any form of mail [insured or not insured]---and, for want of any reason, recall it----without the consent of the person to whom the mail was addressed. Not sure that I like this---as the recipient would not necessarily even be told that the mail was being recalled. STRANGE. Bob [supertooth]