• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC MS67FBL 1958-D Franklin

11 posts in this topic

As most of you know by now, I'm a sucker for a nice Frankie from 1958. Here's one I got in early August. It is the first Frankie I've ever bought in 67 as in general I don't believe that the price differential between a 6 and a 7 is worth it... but hey it's a birthyear coin with nice toning, which is by no means common with Franklin 67's. Most Franklin 67's are technical 67's, but IMO not particularly attractive, often with gray or skanky (that's a technical term :grin:) toning. This is one of only 3 1958-D coins to get an NGC MS67FBL, none higher. Technically I would grade the coin a solid 67 obverse (BEFORE adding in the toning) and the reverse a 66 as there are some minor nicks there. If you want to be REALLY picky there is a very minor break on the bottom line of the upper lines just to the left of the bell. What may look like scratches etc. on the obverse images of the coin are just the way the toning is laid down. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

Franklin58D_N67fblObv.jpg

Franklin58D_N67fblObv2.jpg

Franklin58D_N67fblRev.jpg

Most Franklin 67's are technical 67's, but IMO not particularly attractive, often with gray or skanky (that's a technical term :grin:) toning.

I agree - most 66 and 67 graded franklins look a bit scudzy to me too!

That one's a peach IMHO! (thumbs u

I'm usually nota big fan of Frankie - but for that one i make an exception! (thumbs u

Really nice, I hope you enjoy owning it.