• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Silver Dollars

201 posts in this topic

Nice DMPLs Chris. (worship) I was going to get one, but I couldn't find any. Now I know why. Didn't you leave any for the rest of us? ;)

It's not as easy finding them raw so I promise that if I upgrade any of mine, I will give you the first shot at the others. Wait a minute! I forgot! I don't sell Morgans! I hoard them!........but you never know what the future may hold.

Chris

I like the '83-O, Bob! Nice toning! Is that a die crack on the obverse from the 5th star on the left through Liberty's neck or is it a scratch on a plastic cover?

Chris

Yes it has been a great thread. I will have to take some more pictures today of some of my other silver dollars and post them to keep the thread going. Thanks to everyone for sharing and keep them coming.

1795 Flowing Hair, Bolender 1, PCGS EF-40, under graded by 5 points IMO.

1795DollarO.jpg1795DollarR.jpg

1836 Gobrecht Dollar, On Base, A restrike by majortiy opinion although it wieghs more than it should if it is a restrike. NGC PR-60, over graded by 5 points IMO.

1836DolO.jpg1836DolR.jpg

The clash on your 83-CC is also evident on the obverse just below where Liberty's jaw and neck meet. This is from the edge of the eagle's right wing (viewer's left). There is also evidence of the right-hand wreath just outside the v-shape of Liberty's cap. I can't be sure if there are any other clashes around her lips and nostrils.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I hadn't noticed those. When I looked at it I was drawn to the carbon spot on first star left of date. Just goes to show another pair of eyes is always welcome. (thumbs u

P.S. Great looking examples Bill. :cloud9:

1795 Flowing Hair, Bolender 1, PCGS EF-40, under graded by 5 points IMO.

1795DollarO.jpg1795DollarR.jpg

1836 Gobrecht Dollar, On Base, A restrike by majortiy opinion although it wieghs more than it should if it is a restrike. NGC PR-60, over graded by 5 points IMO.

1836DolO.jpg1836DolR.jpg

love the Gobrecht i would do anything to own one! :cloud9: