• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Silver Dollars

201 posts in this topic

That are three O/CCs in one day here. Hmmm, must not be that exciting of a Variety, darn. (shrug)

John,

Your running out of cash? I don't think your PMs to me went through, please send again. :jokealert:

Rey

Nice ones, spp! This 1921 was struck by a grease-filled die that partially obliterated the "F" in USofA. I don't see these too often, so I thought I would show it to you.

Chris

44230-IMG_1839.JPG.6f2144f0f191b704755ae158763a02bf.JPG

44231-IMG_1840.JPG.0394ad924596efbaa8bd65dc9ce0108d.JPG

44232-1921MorganGrease-Filled.jpg.31179006040c86357a1dde0d6bd890fd.jpg

The 84-CC is raw and looks like it might possibly make 64PL. The only reason I've never submitted it to NGC is because it is also a VAM2 which isn't recognized in NGC's attribution guidelines for VAM's.

Thanks!

Chris

Irish Mike,

Go to the Vam World website and you can look up VAM numbers by date for Morgans and Peace Dollars. There are many for 1879 S. VAM 41 is a Doubled Date and Stars for the 1879 S with 1879 reverse, but there are other combinations that have this with other identifiers. Just go through and compare carefully with your coin.

Rey

Irish Mike,

Go to the Vam World website and you can look up VAM numbers by date for Morgans and Peace Dollars. There are many for 1879 S. VAM 41 is a Doubled Date and Stars for the 1879 S with 1879 reverse, but there are other combinations that have this with other identifiers. Just go through and compare carefully with your coin.

Rey

Thanks Rey, I spend a lot of time there as well as the Ashmore site and I believe it is a 41, but as heavily as it is toned I am just not sure.

No there is no PVC on the coin, I purchased it last year at a local show and got to know this dealer well and examined it very closely. Actually the colors are much more vibrant in person.

Thanks for the input.

This one is an alligator eye VAM, PCGS 63. I purchased it at the South Bend show too from another dealer I've known for 20+ years and have generally used for IHC's. This one will drive you nuts to examine with the multitude of clashes. He had it on consignment and he nor the owner was into VAMS.

site1479.jpg