• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New purchase in a new area

22 posts in this topic

I have been increasingly interested in acquiring some Barber coins for my collection. I have not decided where they will fit, if at all, but when the Dale Friend quarters came available, I decided to take a look at a few. I settled on the coin below because I thought that it was solid for the technical grade and had attractive, original toning. The 1903 date is also special to me.

21555103_obv.jpg

21555103_rev.jpg

That is a gorgeous Barber, SageRad. Looks proof. What is special about the date? Is it one of your Grand parent birth year?
I agree with the "gorgeous" part, though it looks like a business strike to me.

Robert, don't worry about how it will "fit" into your collection - if you want to own it, that's all that matters.

I'm sure you are correct Mark. You have more knowledge in your fingertip than I have in my whole body. I was just going by the similarities in characteristics of Robert's Barber and my Barber proof. :grin:

That is a gorgeous Barber, SageRad. Looks proof. What is special about the date? Is it one of your Grand parent birth year?

Robert, don't worry about how it will "fit" into your collection - if you want to own it, that's all that matters.

And, if it doesn't fit in, send it to me! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Chris

Mark,

I know that you and I disagree on this. I am of the opinion that everything in one's collection should have a place. Otherwise, one ends up with a hodge-podge of coins. One who is undisciplined (like myself) may also end up buying too many coins, too. ;)

Mark,

I know that you and I disagree on this. I am of the opinion that everything in one's collection should have a place. Otherwise, one ends up with a hodge-podge of coins. One who is undisciplined (like myself) may also end up buying too many coins, too. ;)

It is with great joy that I/we have apparently witnessed the birth of the "RYK hodge-podge collection" (worship):devil:

One who is undisciplined (like myself) may also end up buying too many coins, too. ;)

What is this "too many coins" you speak of?

Aren't some of those bird species that live out in the Sage(brush) supposed to build really amazing nests with all sorts of stuff in it? It seems you are just following through on the name. The more the merrier.

Sweet looking coin! :applause:

That looks like a sweet, sweet coin. But be wary of dealers who encourage you by saying, "[mellow, hypnotic voice] if you want to own it, that's all that matters [/mellow, hypnotic voice]." ;)

It doesn't matter if this coin "fits" in your collection or not. It is a solid coin and will most likely only appreciate in value. I wish that I had such a "scattered" collection of hodge-podged coins when I started collecting again, instead, I got a fair amount of junk coins that were hard to turn over.

Nice coin!

Sagerad...Excellent pick up. Dale had a fantastic set and you will be proud of that 1903 quarter for a long time ! Stunning color on that coin, simply stunning.