• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Silver Proof Sets arrived today

27 posts in this topic

How many coins are in the set these days?

14 James. :hi:

The 2007 United States Mint Silver Proof Set™ includes 14 coins, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. In addition to the four new Presidential $1 Coins honoring the past Presidents of the United States: Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison, it also contains all five quarters from the 50 State Quarters® Program for the year – Montana, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah – as well as the Lincoln cent, the Jefferson nickel, the Roosevelt dime, the Kennedy half-dollar, and the Golden Dollar featuring Sacagawea. Distinguishing this collection are the dime, half-dollar and five commemorative state quarters, all of which are produced in lustrous 90% silver.

The 2007 United States Mint Silver Proof Set™ includes 14 coins, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. In addition to the four new Presidential $1 Coins honoring the past Presidents of the United States: Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison, it also contains all five quarters from the 50 State Quarters® Program for the year – Montana, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah – as well as the Lincoln cent, the Jefferson nickel, the Roosevelt dime, the Kennedy half-dollar, and the Golden Dollar featuring Sacagawea. Distinguishing this collection are the dime, half-dollar and five commemorative state quarters, all of which are produced in lustrous 90% silver.

By any chance are you a Mint employee? It sounds like an advertisement. lol

Chris

Hi, Chris :hi:

I also received mine on Thrusday. Looked at a few of them and they are all nice and cameo-looking. Also the Pres $1's look better than the ones I received as seperate Proof sets. I like them this year. (thumbs u

AAJ

No but i slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

fogsite2.gif36_11_6.gif

No but i slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

fogsite2.gif36_11_6.gif

By any chance was Scott with you? lol

Chris

I was just going to say that. It's missing such superlatives as "creamy", "crisp", "razor sharp", "mint green, autumn red" and other such non-sense many dealers use. So maybe he is a mint employee. Good job!

jom

The 2007 United States Mint Silver Proof Set™ includes 14 coins, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. In addition to the four new Presidential $1 Coins honoring the past Presidents of the United States: Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison, it also contains all five quarters from the 50 State Quarters® Program for the year – Montana, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah – as well as the Lincoln cent, the Jefferson nickel, the Roosevelt dime, the Kennedy half-dollar, and the Golden Dollar featuring Sacagawea. Distinguishing this collection are the dime, half-dollar and five commemorative state quarters,

[font:Arial Black]all of which are produced in lustrous,creamy,superb,not artificially toned,not sea foam green or golden russett, not promoted by some speculator, admired by modern collectors, and in 90% silver.[/font]

36_2_59.gif

Thanks!

Those things are getting pretty massive.

I ordered mine the same that the Jefferson spouse coin was sold. I had dreamed of combining the two orders and saving a little postage, but getting the Jefferson coin order through as such a nightmare, I didn't chance it.

I'll be returning both of my sets for replacement. Too many of the coins, not just the Prez dollars, have nicks in the cameo and they probably won't grade 69.

Chris

I ordered mine the same that the Jefferson spouse coin was sold. I had dreamed of combining the two orders and saving a little postage, but getting the Jefferson coin order through as such a nightmare, I didn't chance it.

I did the same thing except that I loaded the proof sets in my cart that morning so I just had to fight with getting the gold in the cart. The proof sets say "in stock and reserved" but my entire order is still "on hold". :(

I got my set today. Don't look too bad. I do have one Qtr that has a small black spot on the obv, and one little wierd spot in the lincoln. Not worth sending back.

I guess mine was sitting in my checkout basket that I did not realize until I checked out with my Jefferson spouse proof. Rather than mess around with deleting it I ordered it at the same time. Said it was in stock but still has not shipped. Jefferson spouse is to ship on 9/24. I received my 2006 set two months ago and nickle has planchet damage, I decided to keep them rather than return because the rest of the set was terrific. Cant wait to see what the 2007 looks like.

I'll be returning both of my sets for replacement. Too many of the coins, not just the Prez dollars, have nicks in the cameo and they probably won't grade 69.

Chris

Mine came yesterday, all looked great except one presidential $1 which had splotches over half of the obverse. I'm beginning to think that QC on the presidential $1 proofs needs some QC of its own. Seven proof sets, seven coins with errors/damage. I'm keeping the first six because they all exhibit the same error - fin & wire rim on the GW reverse in the same location - but really, I'd like to have them ship me at least one good keeper!

Please let me know if I am missing something here.....

How can I tell (even with the Plastic and the cardboard box) if the Presidential proof set is from the 14 coins proof set, silver proof set or from the Prez Proof Set itself?

I do not see any different among the 3.

I don't think there is any difference. I mentioned in an earlier post that I would be returning mine. Well, I decided to order two more sets, and wait until I receive them before making the return. I'll check ALL of the coins carefully and mix-and-match the worst for the return shipment. Call it underhanded! Call it dirty pool! Call it anything you want but considering the prices that the Mint charges, I'll do whatever I can to get the best possible product.

Chris